Hot Stocks for Blockchain

Thanks for the reminder. I am buying puts if i can find them.

Coins will have a hard time for some time. KODK will outperform Bitcoin for a few months.

How should I understand this sentence? “short interest volume jumped from below 30 percent of available supply to above 98 percent”. Does it mean that 98% of the floating shares is short for KODK? Or only 98% of borrowable shares are short now? The article also mentions a utilization rate. If it means 98% of borrowable shares are short, how do we know what percentage is borrowable and what percentage is the short interest?

Anyway KODK downside risk might be limited now. If there is a short squeeze, it could be massive. We need to wait for a catalyst for the squeeze.

“1. Eastman Kodak
Short sellers aren’t buying the story that a new cryptocurrency can save Eastman Kodak Company Common New
KODK 9.24%
. Not surprisingly, Kodak made its debut on the top shorts list the week after announcing the creation of KodakCoin, and short interest volume jumped from below 30 percent of available supply to above 98 percent.”

https://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ratings/analyst-color/18/01/11035104/gopro-kodak-capture-short-sellers-attention

Why doesn’t GE come out with a Gecoin?

GE is a 156B company. A coin won’t help much, maybe increase by 2%? KODK is a totally difference story, only 400M cap.

Will monitor KODK for any sign of short squeeze

Pick any loser company you want stick coin on their brand and peddle it on the internet… plenty of millienal fools will bite… like shooting fish in a barrel easy money…

Almost 100% of the people are bearish on KODK. 98% of short utilization rate. I can smell the risk of a huge short squeeze. It just needs a catalyst. Where will it come from?

And I guess that the short sellers are mostly individual investors, not professional or institutional traders.

It’s 98% of the float that’s short. Wow… The float is total shares outstanding minus those held by insiders and employees. I wonder what the interest rate is to borrow.

UBNT has a small float since the founder owns over 70% of the shares.

I still haven’t had someone borrow my shares to short on IB. I was hoping for some extra income from it.

Seems it’s 98% of borrowable shares. If it’s 98% of floats, I would be a buyer soon. At least short sellers will have no kodk shares to short soon.

“The utilization rate is the number of shares borrowed divided by the number of shares that institutional investors are willing to lend.”

https://seekingalpha.com/instablog/682063-shortside/149448-stocks-with-the-largest-increase-in-utilization-rate

Even Japan celebrity Gackt is into Spindle. http://www.jpopasia.com/feed/22779/gackt-joins-cryptocurrency-craze-reveals-real-name/

How exactly do you monitor short squeeze for a stock?

Bought KODK again. Hope shorts won’t spoil the party this time again. I felt the first move was not powerful enough.

1 Like

I made a small profit off of kodak puts (25-30%, but capital was tiny).

$6.40 now…in the toilet

The premium on puts for riot and Kodak was insane.

Yeah even after some outstanding drop, i only made 25% :slight_smile:

1 Like