I Would Have Preferred Some Help On The Tax Bill, Flake!

I actually want the crazy RE market to pause a little. One, I still want to buy more houses. Two, the current craziness is adding rocket fuel to the rent control fire. That goes to my point of having a sustainable growth again.

I will sell you mine
I am negotiating with a BA 1031 buyer to buy three of my properties. Sell your BA property and buy for cheap up here
Plus higher caps and rent increases. 3 for 1 special…

More good news for commercial property… Not so good for residencial.

2 Likes

Shocking! It’s as if they have lobbyists from commercial real estate write the bill. :thinking:

The Senate bill would also lower the commercial property depreciation period from 39 to 25 years.

Why doesn’t residential get the same 25 years depreciation?

27.5 now… We had the wrong lobbying group…

1 Like

Should we go buy a 5 unit apartment now? But the depreciation is almost the same as a 1-4 unit.

I thought all residential is 27.5 even over 5 units
To me commercial is office retail hospitality industrial …
Not apartments.

Ha, you are right. Apartment is residential, but you have to get a commercial mortgage. That’s it

“Any residential rental property placed in service after 1986 is depreciated using the Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System (MACRS), an accounting technique that spreads costs (and depreciation deductions) over 27.5 years, the amount of time the IRS considers to be the “useful life” of a rental property.”

That won’t happen in the bay area without a HUGE construction boom to catch up with job creation. Your fight is with local planning officials who constantly block development.