If you have bought bitcoin in 2010 for $1000, you would have now 100M

If you have bought bitcoin in 2010 for $1000, you would have now 100M

2 Likes

Let’s all buy at least 1 Bitcoin. You will be a millionaire along with other few million millionaires.

That’s absolutely insane. This thing will eventually be crushed by regulation or the fact it’s a bubble of epic proportions. Maybe this goes to show how much illegal activity there is on earth. Illegal activity is really the only reason to use it.

2 Likes

Yes, and plenty of guns too…:grinning:

1 Like

Just proves my point. You won’t stop criminals from getting them. If making something illegal stopped it from happening, then there wouldn’t be a war on drugs. We wouldn’t need prisons. People wouldn’t get murdered, so you wouldn’t have to try banning guns to prevent murders. Prohibition would have worked. Organized crime wouldn’t exist. Imagine how much we’d save eliminating the FBI, ATF, DEA, and all the other government agencies. We can just make things illegal, and we wouldn’t need any of those agencies. All our problems solved and we’d save enough money to give everyone healthcare.

China has almost banned bitcoin recently. Pre-ban, it was almost $3000 and post ban (now) it is 6750 !

1 Like

Thinking same, last Friday I got Bitcoin trust for $682.45 and now it is $848. Gain or loss, let me keep that 1 share forever !

1 Like

According to the U.S. Department of Justice study, “Crime in the United States,” more than $1 billion in cash was stolen in 2012, of which less than 3% was recovered. The United States’ Dollar was present by the truck load in Saddam Hussein’s compound, by the carload when Noriega was arrested for drug trafficking, and by the suitcase full in the Watergate case.

https://polis.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=371808

This congressman says US dollar is the biggest source of funding crime around the world. I totally agree.

Bitcoin gets the news for the bad reasons, for sure there is hype about this and it may crash but its not going away. US would have regulated this back in 2014 but didnt. I doubt they will do anything drastic about bitcoin, there will be some regulation for sure which might be a good thing.

Lets see who is right in a few years, but ending up on the wrong side might be a lost opportunity.

1 Like

That is the word…“regulated” as the dummies loving the second amendment, “regulated militias”.

So, once they are not regulated by no government, they are bound to create their own wealth. But, imagine one morning, you wake up to know all data is wrong, you have a $0.01 when you were a millionaire last night. No daddy or uncle Sam to complain.

Same as money in the bank, which the banks barely have, it’s all about numbers, same thing is going on here.

Just ask yourself this question: What do you have to do to get your money back, immediately when there’s a crash?

@Jil are you still holding?

No Bitcoin, I do not have any bitcoin. In this blog, ptiemann only invested in bitcoin, I think nice amount around 100k level, when it was $8000 !

1 Like

lot of smaller alt crytpo going wild too. everyone doing [alt crypto]/[btc] ratio and justifying value looking at 5 or 10 year chart. just ride everything! :money_mouth_face:

Tesla has bitcoins on its balance sheet and it’s in S&P500. If you own the index fund then you own some bitcoins.

1 Like

Sell your stocks. Houses in Palm Springs are basically free

https://www.redfin.com/CA/La-Quinta/78675-Carnes-Cir-92253/home/5807657

Sound like the last time when it shot up to $20k before crashing to ~$3k. How high this time, and how low subsequently. Today, can trade bitcoin and bitcoin funds easily.

Boom! Bitcoin is bad for the environment. That’ll be the excuse to kill it.

@manch

Told you government would STRIKE BACK! Now is USA taking the lead, watch for other government to join in.

1 Like

It’s not hard to predict this move, although a bit late imo. It was being projected/trying to replace usd as global currency

1 Like