Impact of Taxes on investor Returns

2 Likes

So the moral is to invest in stocks that don’t pay any dividends…

I have an even better strategy… you can invest in stocks that do pay dividends, but borrow enough margin and use the margin interest to offset the dividend income. That way you end up paying no tax on the dividends.

2 Likes

Sell AAPLs and buy TSLAs?

2 Likes

Yes, or use margin on the AAPLs.

Your idea of using margin to offset dividend income is brilliant, didn’t know can do this because I don’t do tax :slight_smile: my wife did it so I didn’t find out much about income tax rules :blush: Now have to seriously consider using margin. The real reason is because got complacent by the easy money from AAPL. Any other tricks?

1 Like

You need to try it out. The trick is to never let your money sit idle. Always invest every last penny into the stock market and borrow margin whenever you need to use money. Great investment strategy to maximize return while minimizing tax burden. Took me years to perfect it but works wonders.

1 Like

You are trying to cut the Geese that lays golden eggs !

1 Like

This goose is getting old… :rofl:

The real moral of the story is, you should be super happy with either 50M or 77M.

2 Likes

Takes more than 35 years to achieve that though. Need to cut some corners here… :wink:

This is very easy to fix.
I know how to defer capital gains for 30 years and if you are still alive push them for another 30 years. You die, the debt dies with you.

Thanks for playing. :smiley: