Impact of usd vs cny on bay area prices

Should I turn on FOMO mode instead?

Yes!!!

1 Like

Which means stocks are bubbly - i agree! Should one liquidate? Who knows!

Under no circumstances should one liquidate. That would’ve been the mistake of a lifetime. I learned that the hard way back in 2008.

1 Like

Did you liquidate before or after the burst?

I didn’t liquidate… I only sold a portion of my stock options which I didn’t consider as part of my core portfolio. However, what I had sold turned out to be the most valuable. :hushed:

Before or after the 2008 did you sell? :slight_smile:

If you were to liquidate before the burst, then you run into the risk of missing out on a lot more gains if there were no burst at all.

I know. I am not betting on timing the market. I am just seeing it as a sign to reduce risk - like reducing call exposure.

You are buying a home right? If you think we are at the top then there should be no reason for you to buy. Because you could probably buy the same home at a cheaper price later. You cannot expect the stock market to tank while real estate keeps going up. They rise and fall together.

Not buying house has a mental burden on me. It is a long term place i will live in. It is basically a way i will feel more at home - lived in apartments/condos for my whole life in my home country, and i want a break from that. I am seeing this as a life quality change than a full blown investment.

And again, i am not timing the market. With selling my calls, i will be reducing the risk profile of the portfolio. Calls go to 0 if you are not tooooo deep in the money in a down turn, unlike stocks they wont be getting their value back when economy improves as they have expirations :slight_smile:

1 Like

Then that is an emotional decision, not a calculated decision based on finances. You can view that as buying something you want, such as a car. So in that case don’t think about money too much. Just go for it. Even if we are at the top of the cycle, you can benefit eventually if you are able to hold on to it through thick and thin.

My wife doesn’t agree, you can’t buy the identical house, about the same is not good enough :wink:

Sell some GOOG and buy the house your wife wants.

Happy wife happy life? But what about your mistresses? Don’t forget about them… :wink:

1 Like

I always say: i can hardly find the energy for one, impossible to imagine 10!

1 Like

If you can afford and you like the property, just buy. Don’t think too much.

1 Like

: ) I like all the properties :slight_smile: especially the ones built in 2010s :stuck_out_tongue:

Buy them all!! :slight_smile:

While, I agree they could be taking video for another buyer, they could also be taking video for a spouse or family member who is helping with the sale.

My husband and I have taken videos of numerous places. Sometimes it’s to remember the place, sometimes to send to his parents to show them what we want to buy.

Have you bought a place yet?