Invest in Redwood City apartments?

I signed up for way too many real estate mailers. Got this from RealtyMogul.com, one of the many crowd-funding RE investment sites.

Don’t even know where Buckingham Apartments is… they say “Class C”, so can’t be some swanky places. You have to register to view the financial details. They claim IRR is >18%.

I don’t like crowd-funding. I don’t have complete control, and I don’t know how to “exit” the investment. Still it’s interesting to see what’s available out there.

http://www.apartments.com/buckingham-apartments-redwood-city-ca/j4q6s85/ is probably the apt.

18% IRR seems too high to be true!

Location ain’t great unless you want to be close to the train tracks and the Hanky Panky, but I imagine that the area is indeed gentrifying. The new apartments across El Camino managed to convince the adult videostore to close down, so there’s some improvement.

1 Like

In Phoenix you can get 27%IRR. …of course both are assuming appreciation.
In Tahoe you can invest in Tahoe Blue Vodka for $30k …much more fun investment

It probably did not take much convincing. Places like that have lost a lot of business with the advent of the internet.[quote=“Terri, post:3, topic:239, full:true”]

Location ain’t great unless you want to be close to the train tracks and the Hanky Panky, but I imagine that the area is indeed gentrifying. The new apartments across El Camino managed to convince the adult videostore to close down, so there’s some improvement.
[/quote]