Investing in Las Vegas

@Elt1 should start a syndication deal for Tahoe!

The first forum syndication? :smile:

I thought the movie is called Leaving Las Vegas?

It is blowing 90mph and pouring rain…The perfect time to buy…My wife is on the local mls…Come up for a tour…

The last time I went to Tahoe, wanted to buy an unit for rental :), didn’t carry out the intention.

Lot of retire or about to retire people selling bay area home and moving to Sacramento near by areas. They sell their 1M+ homes on sale, and buy newer similar size home less than half price.

For me, Sac would not be an ideal place to retire in. It is pretty spread out too so that means you have to drive everywhere or have to rely on others. Not good for old folks who like to do their own thing. And it gets bloody darn hot in the summer. That is why honestly a place or neighborhood like the Sunset district is perfect for older folks. You can stay in an area like say near Irving Street and you would have everything from groceries to banks or doctors. You are in a relatively safe area and everyone speaks your native tongue. Public transportation is also not too bad here. All of this def goes into the thinking and buying of property here in the city and in the Sunset especially by Asians in my opinion. That would certainly help explain why a 2/1 small house is well past 1M now…

In that case, is not that great for landlords, good for investor-flipper.

All houses in Sunset are two-stories. How do 90-year-olds climb those stairs?

South lake Tahoe is part of the Sacramento MSA

Definitely seeing more BA people moving to the Sac MSA

Well, they probably do struggle with that one thing, but remedies include putting in one of those electric seat rails, live downstairs in that nice lil ground floor inlaw that they were smart enough to put in years ago OR like my fairly rich well to do neighbor did actually, put in an elevator for her disabled husband. Yes, a full size box elevator (not pneumatic air tube thingy) to just go up one floor.

Come on, you and I live here in the Sunset. I see pretty old hardy old folks around here every day and they seem to make do fine. I am telling you once your vision and motor skills are slowed and you can’t really drive anymore you will appreciate having the grocery stores nearby or a decent bus system. Yes, relatively new things like Uber and delivery services certainly are game changers but you know how old people are, they don’t change or they are reluctant to do new things. Don’t you still use snail mail?

When I am ninety there will be self driving cars…The walk score premium will go away…

1 Like

Someone waking up to LV?

I thought you were 100? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Just checked out Vegas… Plenty of opportunities
Economy doing well. Builders can’t build fast enough and rents going up…As far as cap rates—-not sure it’s as good a value as Phoenix

1 Like

http://www.worldpropertyjournal.com/real-estate-news/united-states/las-vegas/greater-las-vegas-association-of-realtors-glvar-home-prices-in-las-vegas-median-home-prices-in-las-vegas-10829.php

As soon as the economy hmm…crashes…there goes Las Vegas…down.

Buy when Vegas is flaming down.