Landscaping referrals

What do you guys pay for 1000sft sod grass and 1000sft mulch/bark work. Ofcourse clean up the existing grass and weeds etc.

Is 5K reasonable? labor and material. Sprinklers, timer etc included. Do we need top soil for grass to stick?

any referrrals will be appreciated. This is in fremont.

Depending on the size of your yard, just removing the grass/weeds will result in potentially 10 to 20 bags. If you are not paying for haul away, you need to figure out how you will get rid of that.

Looks to me almost same what I paid for 1000 sqft south san jose, almost 2 years before. Based on my experience, I can provide one tip.

Make sure the person buys good quality SOD. Like all brands, we have low, medium and high quality SOD, we would not make any difference when it is planted, but we can notice the difference after 6 months.

One time visit Home depot and ask the difference between quality of SOD. Normally, the gardener knows the quality of SOD and they buy from their known SOD suppliers.

1 Like

Call my gardener

They did good work. Gosh, my review there is still the latest. They can use some Yelp love.

2 Likes

Hmm, I thought Yelp was a farce OB1???

Only for Chinese food.

You can’t pick and choose Sir. The site is valid, period, FOR ALL THINGS, as long as you have enough reviews to “say” it is fairly credible. Statistics 1 again…

Nah, there you go again.

My taste for Chinese food is different from the people here. Therefore Yelp’s Chinese restaurants review is crap to me.

I think if you ask the Indians who moved here in their 20s and 30s whether Yelps’ Indian restaurants reviews are up to snub they will tell you the same thing. Accept that and move on.

So it is quite possible that it is you who has the bad taste in food, right, Mr. Denny’s Frequent Flyer? Fair is fair. One must always be willing to accept the fact that he/she may be the one who is wrong…

When it comes to tastes there is no right or wrong. Maybe my taste is off-beat by American standard but it’s never wrong.

Well, let’s just say I am pretty sure you are the only person who considers himself to be a foodie yet eats at Denny’s regularly. Talk about a model of inconsistency…

I spent over $4500 for two drought tolerant yards. My requirement was having a reversible yard that can go back to a watered traditional garden.

Weed barrier, top soil mixture of chicken manure, wooden chips. Drip system with timer, solar rain monitor. That includes clean up and rotor tilling etc. I also added some colored pavers to make the yard less depend on water.

Here in Santa Clara County I applied for a grant. While the rotor tilling, laying the drip system and materials cost over $3500. I ordered 2.5 tons of gravel with barrier over and lost 8 lbs on the project.

As for grass, you need to loosen the soil, new compost, top soil mix. I would sprinkle water wise grass seeds now while the ground is wet. A bag of KY low water seeds will do. My sod was just a few bucks. They look fine.

I am a DIY and any gardener knows how to do it. Budget can be over 5K… depends.
Sam Shueh Realtor
Campbell, CA

Also, how about artificial grass? Never have to water your lawns.

What’s the price per sft

I didn’t install because my wife is a all-natural organic freak. The more important question is how much water it will save you. Water is very, very expensive.