Learn From The Big Apple

In the long term, this is why you buy in the Fab 7x7…

That’s why you want to buy along the T train in Bayview. :slight_smile: After the central subway is done you can ride the T all the way to SoMa.

Sure, or even better, somehow find a place in Chinatown the only neighborhood in the Fab 7x7 with a perfect 100 Walk Score…

Sorry dude, Chinatown is just not my cup of oolong tea. I’d rather risk bullets in the Bayview.

Uhm, it is probably more like you can’t find anything in Chinatown, Sir…

When I talk to seasoned agents/flippers, they are scrounging the earth for anything decent in Chinatown but no go. All the good stuff is gone or overpriced. It is just a matter of time before Chinatown and the surrounding area blows up…

Rent control will keep Chinatown from blowing up. Rent control is the biggest cause of stagnantion and making areas rundown no up.

Well, what is key in RE? The big L right? Location. Chinatown pretty much nails LOCATION when it comes to the Fab 7x7. It is close to the Financial District and downtown. You have North Beach and the waterfront close enough to the north and east. You have probably the best weather in my opinion in that northeast quadrant. Of all places to live, this would be the easiest area to do without a car. With the subway station coming soon, access to and from the rest of the city becomes even easier and hopefully faster. I admit that I have seen more empty storefronts in Chinatown as of late (perhaps due to the construction) and even though I don’t expect a mass exodus I do expect some owners to sell out and take the money so some new blood may be coming in. And I am seeing fancy remodels being done in the outskirts in lower Nob Hill so investors are definitely keen on this area (if they can get in). If Wiener’s transit density bill passes, watch out. The economics of remodeling and extending floors to buildings start to make more sense and people are going to do it.