Looking for some advice to sell or not in SF

Dim sum restaurants in Cupertino:

Lei Garden
Joy Luck
Dynasty
New Port
Golden Palace

Countless restaurants, beverages & snacks stores & groceries stores (Chinese, Indian, American, Vietnamese, Italian, Brazilian, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Mexican, Muslim, …) … serve up to 4am :slight_smile:

San Mateo has better Asian eateries. And no offence but those dim sum restaurants kinda suck…

San Mateo is a county, btw :slight_smile:
Which dim sum you think is good?
Cupertino has Singaporean and Malaysian restaurants :slight_smile:

I’m talking about the city of San Mateo…
Come on Yoda! You should know my favorite dim sum joint in the bay by now. You are not new to this forum :expressionless:

Thanks for propping up San Mateo… the new house I bought there should definitely reach Cupertino pricing in no time because of that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad somebody acknowledges my taste thanks :smile:

San Mateo downtown is pretty cute. It’s a real downtown even with some high rises. Prices on the bad side of El Camino have taken off. Schools kinda meh though and that drags down the price somewhat.

Yes, and the area along 92 (West of El Camino) is very nice and cute too, but no money no talk :disappointed_relieved:

Alex charges 3.5% instead of the usual 2.5%. If two agents can list at the same price and can market the same way how does it justify paying him 1% more? These realtors are way overpaid.

1 Like

Cupertino has no downtown

1 Like

Hmm, he is not willing to negotiate? I mean, isn’t 3% (assuming 6% both sides) considered pretty much full service, old school pricing already? If he is not willing to negotiate, I would go with someone else. I would interview Eileen or Tanya whom I have met at open houses in the Sunset (her listings or she was with buyers). If you do not recall, Tanya was fairly high up on your list for SF (has a long last name).

Fair point. Many things in life are negotiable.

1 Like

You didn’t tell him I had a program to defer the payment of capital gains for 30 years?

What a friend! JKY!:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

At our office, there’s a guy who knows lots of people in the valley. He helps old people to get rid of their properties, and since most don’t have relatives to leave any legacy, they give rat’s ass about them, they want to maximize their equity by deferring the payment of capital gains for 30 years, and with that saved money they buy a property cheap somewhere, they enjoy life to the maximum knowing that at the end they will be…deader than a sack of rocks and nobody to enjoy their leftovers but uncle Sam or if any relative, the ugly ones. :hugs:

It is around the De Anza flea market :joy::joy::joy::joy:

You are out of touch. Downtown is at Main Street.
Btw, what so good about a downtown?

It was a joke! :smiley:

Gee Hanera! You didn’t know people like a town by its downtown besides schools?

Must be an American thing. The city is so damn small, what is the purpose of a downtown? Nearby there are a few downtown e.g. PA, LA, SJ, SV and Campus, being to them, puny, might as well not be there. What I see in downtown is eateries and bars… hate bars, tends to attract drunken men… do you know what drunken men wants? Some downtown has faeces and needles :wink:

Downtown areas are trendy. They are pedestrian friendly. What’s the point of nice weather if you’re always inside or in your car? Driving everywhere and parking is a pain. Traffic in Cupertino is a nightmare, and the people there can’t drive.

1 Like

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I heard that guy Musk is going to explore Mars. Make sure you buy one of the lots he will be selling because downtowns are what they are, to attract people, some are drunks, some are looking for bam, bam. :joy: