Looking for some advice to sell or not in SF

:+1:

880 South from Fremont on the weekends whole day seems to be more busy than weekdays when both 880N/S are busy ONLY during Work hours.

2 Likes

When you are retired, thereā€™s no need to compete with people for the roads. You can re-arrange your outing during off hours. Cupertino stores open until 4am in the morning like @hanera said.

Being retired requires a whole different mentality that is different from the kind of worker bee mentality that most of you guys have right now.

2 Likes

And, even if you are stuck in traffic, thereā€™s no real concern. Because you are retired, you have lots of time.

1 Like

Do not worry, I am with you holding home. We think alike !

Two of my friends sold Cupertino homes and settled in Pleasanton & Mountain House, but I turned into rental and holding for long like haneraā€™s AAPL !

2 Likes

Happened to read about this yesterday!

2 Likes

For me retirement is a dream which hopefully one day I can achieve.

2 Likes

I assume you look for Financial Independence or stability rather than retirement.

Supposing you have retirement around 60s, what will you do after that? You will still need some active life.

1 Like

I donā€™t worryā€¦ Iā€™m sure someone else would be more than happy to scoop up your SV home should you decide to sell it for retirementā€¦

1 Like

Agree with that!
My dad officially worked till 68 as an engineer. He is 74 today and works(house work) more than I do house work.

2 Likes

Exactly. That is why I have been saying there is no traffic jams when every worker bees say there is.
No jam on road.
Grocery stores no crowd.
Restaurants no crowd.

That is why I said ę­¤äø€ę—¶ļ¼Œå½¼äø€ę—¶.
Two parks within walking distance too :slight_smile:
Few grocery and restaurants are also within walking distance :crazy_face:

1 Like

Only the big ones. Why do we need a downtown for a city that is less than 500k people? I can see the need for a downtown for SJ, the rest of the cities within SC county, not sure why need to. We should either go to the downtown in SJ or have a SC county level downtown :grinning:

Yeah, you want financial independence, not retirement. You want the freedom to not earn a wage, but you will do whatever you feel like to.

Plenty of poeple are still busy working on something after financial independence. Gates is still busy working on some causes. Some of them even choose to continue to be a worker bee, maybe lack confidence on the strength of their financial independence?

2 Likes

Itā€™s far more enjoyable than a suburban hell of strip malls. Downtown areas have an energy and excitement to them.

I used to enjoy going to PA downtown on weekends nights while we lived in EPA and my wife was pregnant with our first kid, who was born in Stanford Hospital. During the day it was like being a Kamikaze with thousands of targets and no nerves to take the final step.

You wonā€™t have a retirement if you are stuck, to the stock market. Period.

I have told many of you that you got to start planning on how, when and why stop thinking about investing and making money because if you donā€™t get away from it, it will consume you to the last minute of your life to the point you will kick the can without knowing your time to enjoy life passed you by long ago.

For those boasting they own many properties, the myth that you will retire in the ā€œ0ā€ tax bracket, is that, a myth. So, prepare yourself to live with whatever you have achieved during your existence stuck to the monitor trading or responding to the unruly tenant at midnight while your useful, enjoyable life, again, passed you by long ago.

Very wise, thank you. Life is short and unpredictable. Count your blessings while you are still able. Life is not a game with a score at the end.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think @hanera deals with any unruly tenants at midnight. Although he does monitor trading religiously but thatā€™s more of a hobby than a chore for himā€¦ life is indeed not a game but more of a rat race to the end for most people.

If we come to a stage of enough (Financial independence) and whatever more we get it is a bonus,like you said more of a hobby than a chore, we are out of rat race !

Well, then work harder on accumulating your assets. If your W-2 job is more of a necessity than a hobby then that means you might not be working hard enough.

1 Like

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesrealestatecouncil/2018/03/15/three-important-questions-to-ask-a-real-estate-agent-before-you-commit/#4ef5951abf45

Millennials are all about walk scores. 0 walk score without a downtown.