Market still hot

Regrets regrets… yes and I should have dumped my entire net worth in NFLX back in 2012…

2 Likes

Bad choice. Should have pumped entire net worth in bitcoin in 2009.

1 Like

I thought bitcoin was a joke (I still think it’s a joke).

I also thought NFLX was a joke… I have reversed my thinking recently and invested a little bit into it…

CEO NFLX is not as visionary as Jeff Bezos. I don’t even recall his name. NFLX should be as big as AMZN. One was in books, the other was in CDs/DVDs, both can progress into the same business line.

Yes, my secret wish is to have NFLX, AAPL, FB, and GOOGL gang up together and take away AMZN’s business, driving it into bankruptcy.

Both statements do not go together !!!

I thought NFLX managed the transition from DVD by mail to digital platform really well. Most companies wouldn’t have made that transition, and a new competitor would have displaced them. Then they branched into original content which is a completely different business, and they’ve been highly successful at it. I do think the original content space is getting VERY crowded. Not everyone in it will survive, but I think there’s more risk to legacy content brands than the newer ones. ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox cancel over half the new TV shows they pilot.

I agree they missed the boat on music. I don’t get why they didn’t buy Pandora/Spotify or build their own competing music service.

What market are you talking about?

Stock market, house market? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I say he is not as visionary as Jeff Bezos. This is not an absolute comparison.

1 Like

Of course they don’t, they are response to a specific situation. CS graduates are bad in contextual logic?
Did you study critical thinking during college?

1 Like

Market so hot that you can sell 1.5M house without pictures: https://www.redfin.com/CA/Sunnyvale/893-Markham-Ter-94086/home/1772460

1 Like

So North Sunnyvale is hot now. How about North Santa Clara? Like this house?

That’s practically on the train tracks. I know ACE train uses them. I’m not sure what else does. If it’s where I’m thinking, there’s a bunch of sketchy apartments right across Lafayette too.

Edit: The sketchy apartments are just on the other side of Montague. They are next to and behind the 7-11.

Lafayette on the other side of Montague has a lot of light industrial buildings. My car repair shop is there. But soon even that area will sell for 1M.

1 Like

Yeah. Sunnyvale is still hot.

This home is backing power lines and tower, but went pending within a week.

1 Like

Darn! Sunnyvale is one of the biggest surprises to me in this RE cycle. I never expect it to be this hot. Now that Nasdaq is on a tear this hotness may well continue for a while longer…

Not only tower, but a creek behind it !

This is the area of Santa Clara I am talking about. Looks like it’s hot:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Santa-Clara/3785-Pinewood-Pl-95054/home/2120359

Listed 5 days ago but already reviewing offers this afternoon. 3/2/1300 asking 900K.

That area will gentrify with the stadium and redevelopment of the golf course.

1 Like

That area is nowhere near the stadium or golf course.