Micron Technology, My new pick for year 2018

Doesnt mean much, does it? Most phones doesnt have it still, and it might turn out just another fluffy project that dies.

We already saw a massively popular AR app: Pokemon Go.

1 Like

Let me know when it becomes mainstream.
Pokemon go WAS NOT an AR app. First things people did was to turn off the camera, because it was terrible, and didn’t add much to the game itself.

So @tomato you are a bear on Micron? I need bears. All bulls and no bears makes a toppy market.

Nah, I just don’t buy the AR hypothesis, that’s it. I am bull on Micron.

7 days ago.

Presume you don’t know. Now I am surprised how you determine is a secular good thing.

1 Like

It’s only an educated guess. I think you should stay away from micron. It’s dangerous.

Am always surprise investors don’t do some estimation of future demand and supply. Merely looking at current demand and supply is not good enough for investment. May be enough for trading.

Enough for me but definitely not enough for you. Stay away.

Tradeable :grin:

Wait, is manch bear on mu? I missed that.

He doesn’t like people who disagree with him especially pointing out flaws in his judgement.

No, I am fine. But why should I “convince” anyone of a stock? And to disclose insider information on an anonymous forum? Seriously? Well I don’t have any. Just do your own homework.

Let’s switch side. Convince me of a bear case on Micron.

1 Like

I’m clueless. Just want to understand the basis of your bullishness :rofl:

I don’t really believe in trading. Better stick with something you understand, like AAPL.

Also don’t believe trading as a way to build wealth. Entertainment :grin: Thought you knew that already.
Second statement is red herring, this thread is about MU. Btw, I don’t trade AAPL. Already bought and is holding (hopefully forever). Thought you knew that also.

One of the replies analyzing Micron Technology.

3 Likes

IMHO, no new info by MartyMoho. Read this type of analysis numerous times in Seeking Alpha and MF articles. Mixtures of facts, assumptions and opinions.

There are some incongruence. For example, can’t think of a reason now doesn’t mean won’t have “unexpected”.
“Cycles happen due to… steep, unexpected decline in demand.”
“There is no reason to think demand will do anything but continue to increase due to…"

What do you think of the reverse statement below?
All arguments for MU are historical BS or speculation by people that don’t know what they’re talking about.

If I want to invest a lot of money in this counter and hold it hopefully forever, would want to find out what happen between 2013-16.

Thinking aloud possible tradeable idea: 2013-2015, 7x over 2 years; early 2016 to early 2018? 7x too? Now is 4x so $30 upside?

2 Likes

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apos-why-worst-yet-come-170000937.html

Yes, I read that.

With chips cyclically coming down is long way, but not during booming economic times. When economy is great, MU looks great. I am seeing at least one year to continue the trend. With low P/E, MU seems lucrative.