Move Over NIMBYs!

Welcome, NIMPLEs!!! NOT IN MY PARKING LOT, EITHER!!! Wow…

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2018/03/29/our-view-bay-area-must-now-contend-with-nimples.html

LOL…

There’s a bunch of renters coming over our block taking the parking spaces from us. The other day I had a guy leaving an extra sized truck used for agricultural on my space. He gladly went his business for 4 days while we had a hard time leaving our own driveway because we couldn’t see any idiot driver going 50 MPH on a 15 MPH zone when exiting.

Too bad the plastic container it had ended up full of my dog’s poop. I wondered… who did that? :smile:

1 Like

In the Fab 7x7, I believe commercial type trucks are not to be parked on residential street spaces overnight. Not to say that when I have called to complain about ones in front of my house that they were ticketed either…

1 Like

Oh boy! It were that simple!

I stop the traffic officers over here and they tell me no verbal complaints are taken.

You have to go online, put a complaint, they reply with “we are having one too many calls, your complaint will be taken care of in…3 days maximum”.

Then, wait, the traffic officer comes by, put the red thingy on the windshield, now, the owner of that car has 3 more days to move it. :triumph:

1 Like

The continued watering down of law enforcement and police servicing. I want a return to policemen walking neighborhood beats. No cars. No motorcycles, No bikes (well bikes may be ok so that they can cover a good sized territory and still be semi hands on).

2 Likes

Not a joke.

I am not afraid to talk to them when they come for any incident on the block. It was a normal thing a year ago. So, I approached a unit with 2 officer in it, and ask them to patrol our street. They started with the we are not one too many for the amount of calls, yada, yada, yada.

What stroke me was, that both of them were very obese. :smile:

So, no patrolling on foot. :rofl::rofl:

Right, so making policemen walk their beats kills (oops, no pun intended) two birds with one stone. We get security knowing that officers are close by and officers get to live longer by getting their steps everyday. Win win!!!

1 Like