Neighbor – Street Parking, Trash can…. Issues

I like to have an alternative garbage company. Can we have competitive garbage collection companies? Why is it always a monopoly?

I am sending my Tahoe bear brigade down…Our bears will eat all your garbage…problem solved

1 Like

Will your bears have a key or something to tell them that our garbage is NOT Lucky (the dog) or lil Johnny though?

Ok look, how about just putting your garbage cans in front of your neighbor’s house?

1 Like

My bears will eat all the scofflaw neighbors

I don’t think this can calm @Roy321 down. He obviously is very upset otherwise he wouldn’t have created the diagram and all.

1 Like

Garbage people in my experience, except for this time, a newbie and dummy guy who broke 4 recycling cans in a row, including mine, they have been so nice to the point they get down to move the cans away from the parked cars. They say you have to have them placed within 5 feet from any vehicle or they won’t dare to pick it up. But they do and precisely yesterday my wife made me threw a rotten fruit in the empty garbage can at the same time the truck was picking up on the other side of the street. He thought I had forgotten to put the can on time and made gestures to cross the street in order to pick it up! That nice of people you can see around anymore.

I’ve had, no kidding, a tenant across the street oblivious to why a garbage can is placed on the street. She, for some reasons, she moved the cans, she placed the garbage can on the back and the recycling can on the front, and parked her car! But that’s not a problem to me, it was once…and then twice, and the last time, third time is a charmer, she parked her car squeezing the small GC. That was the end of it. I went across the street, and being a good negotiator I spoke to the owner, to whom I am very well acquainted. I explained her, with the outmost courtesy that if she didn’t want my cans to show up right in front of her driveway, to please tell her tenants Wednesdays night and morning were a NO-NO to park in front of my house.

She smiled, and understood. Why not? I am always giving her a hand when trimming bushes or anything else. She knows I am going to go to the extreme to help…or to be a pain in somebody’s butt.

It sounds like Neighbor A used to park in front of Neighbor B and now they’re not talking… now it’s your turn. Personally, if A was okay in all other respects, I’d let it go or try making a deal like zensri suggested. Or, maybe try giving a taste of his own by parking your car in front of his place (even if you don’t need the spot). No need to make it more than it is. :slightly_smiling_face:

Once I reported a car parked for days in the spot in front of the apartment I was subletting and the PD found out it was stolen. I was there temporarily so I didn’t have as much at stake.

The police served them a notice and they promptly removed the vehicle. They thought we will roll over and accept their bullying.

If you accept others bullying people will gladly walk all over you.

2 Likes

That’s my boy! :sunglasses::sunglasses::joy::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I don’t think anybody wants to be bullied, but whether trash can space is worth the risk of pissing off your neighbor for future retaliation is up to you. If my neighbors block my driveway would I tow their car? Depends on their demeanor but I will not hesitate to tow if I have to. However, it might seem like a small victory that they moved their car now but who knows what they will do in the future to get back at you. Anyway, I am glad it’s working out for you at the moment. Let’s hope Neighbor A doesn’t hold a grudge against you; it does seem like he’s got beef with a lot of people in your cul de sac now.

1 Like

You’re not getting my point. It’s not about victory. It’s about not rewarding bad behavior repeatedly, especially when it’s being done with a plan to aggravate you. To have a good relationship we need both parties to want one and not just one.

I’m sure he will hold a grudge. If he doesn’t behave as an adult in the future I’ll make sure I screw him BAD(legally) when he gets back to me.

1 Like

First try to make some friends with other neighbors. It should not take a few small talk to find out whether this nighbor is hated by more than yourself.

If he annoyed many people, I’m sure there were more than a few encounters with the neighbor. If he has lived there for more than 30 years, he might be pretty old and probably does not belong to any gang. The question is then why other neighbors are afraid of him

The police did the same in my case after coming over and talking with some people in the complex. They were doing their job as the car was there illegally. Your neighbor isn’t infringing upon the law by parking in front of your house.

I don’t think anyone is out there with a plan to aggravate you. What’s in it for them? An extra parking space? Neighbor A sounds more like someone who is selfish and not empathetic, so I don’t think he’s out to get you in particular…but what do I know, you are the one close to the situation so perhaps that is the case. At the end of the day people have different tolerance levels.

Ok you know more about this situation than I do. :slight_smile:

Yeah I’m the trash lady that picks up your bins…

Neighbor A is the offending guy here and has lived here for 5/6 years. Neighbor B , who has lived here for 35 years plusI have no problems with.

Neighbor A and B hate each other.

If he is not infringing some law why do you think he removed the car & why did the police talk to him? :slight_smile: Anyways it’s a rhetorical question.

Definitely get a camera on your front porch, but given that you’re only asking him to move on trash day, one would hope he’d get the message that this is really not a big thing to ask for. You’ve been kind to let him stay the other 6.

I think ultimately, the correct punishment would have been the trash truck fingers scratching his paint, but I can understand why the trash guy didn’t want to get in trouble.

1 Like