Neighbor – Street Parking, Trash can…. Issues

In my opinion, when you bend over after your rights to have a parking space have been violated you are not doing anything but congratulate bad behavior.

The last “white guy” to move into our community started to talk to me and we got acquainted. I told him my long fight against his neighbors now gone and so forth. 2 houses away, live the last remainder of the section 8 people. I am not going to say their race but I can tell you, noisy, belligerent and with a certain attitude as if they own the block. Their kids are playing basketball on a hoop a neighbor left in front of his sidewalk at 11:30 PM. He is too old to do anything so we can’t talk to him at all.

So, this guy starts to get friendly with such family and then things started to get murky. 1 week ago, he moved one of his car he had parked on front of my Mexican friend’s house. My friend saw me the day before and commented how bad he felt to not being able to tell the guy to move his car because he seemed nice in the beginning. As he was pointing out to the car in question, the lady in that section 8 house was watching us. The car moved the next day. Why? Because she knew, and told the other guy I would report it that same day.

Now, since yesterday, that guy, disregarding the rules/laws, put out the limbs and whatnot of a tree he cut on front of his parking space and on the next neighbor’s parking space. Pick up time is Thursday and you are not supposed to put your garbage out but a day before recollection.

I am at this moment, reporting that online. :laughing:

2 Likes

Buyinghouse, Neighborhood Watch Man. Buyer beware.

1 Like

So, any dead bodies to help you bury on your backyard? :rofl::sweat_smile:

Never bury anybody in your backyard. Too easy to get caught.

1 Like

LOL…you caught us on the act! :crazy_face:

Yeah. That’s why I use the plot that’s adjacent to the neighbors house instead.

I haven’t seen Roy lately…is he 6 feet under? :sweat_smile:

Is Roy still alive?:sweat_smile:

Reporting from 6 feet down under.

3 Likes

Our last house had limited parking and a similar problem. We placed our bins in the driveway area like caiguycaiguy suggested. A pain when leaving/ arriving home but as others said, it’s a public street so there isn’t much you can do.

Yep…It’s urban life. There is always at least one crummy thoughtless neighbor. We have a guy who waits till the garbage is picked up and then dumps his extra garbage in the neighbor’s bins.

1 Like

It’s a long thread so some members might not have read all the points presented by me earlier.

1. This guy makes sure he reserves an exclusive & clear(with no double parking & nothing there except his trash cans) place for trash right next to his house while denying the same to others(right in front of their house) in the community. If you want to double park, make sure “your” parking space is available for others too.
  2. There is a letter of the law and spirit of the law.
  3. It seems people are OK to apply the law selectively i.e. when it suits them. People want to accept the “public street” law but don’t want the “3 day law” when it applies to them negatively.
  4. Anyways, 2 years is too long a leash before some steps need to be taken to ameliorate a situation which affects others(in this case us) negatively.
  5. He has been told that he can park in front on the rest of the 6 days of the week.

If one doesn’t stand up for ones rights(Not technically), no one else will.

My last on this. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Totally hear you Roy321. He’s a hypocrite.

2 Likes
1 Like

Shooooooooooooot. That’s one heart attack in the making. And a lot of money.

This is why I open everything before I throw it away. And because having toddlers in the house, they like to throw things in the trash that don’t belong there–like money. It’s paper after all.

1 Like

Great, less places to sell CRV…

1 Like

In MA we had vending-like machines that accepted our CRVs. Maybe with these places closing, those cold be introduced…

I also used them in NY during my college years. Not a fan.

Most rePlanet “stores” did have a vending machine. The problem is that it takes forever!

I thought though that at least you got all your money back. My last recollection was that my husband said he was not getting his full refund when he delivered cans to one of the local parking-lot collection agencies. Maybe I’m remembering wrong.

I also don’t drink that much soda, so feeding 10 bottles after a party isn’t a big deal to me. I could certainly see it being a real pain if you’re drinking 3-5 sodas a day.

We had those in the old days by Story rd. and Mclaughlin in East San Jose. I don’t know if it is still there or not.

1 Like