Newark Rocking the overbids!

Flipping or buy-hold?

You can have descendants to extend your empire. If you put al your houses under a corporation, there would be no estate tax applicable, right?

:joy:

1 Like

@BAGB

Wow. One of the guys that used to work for me is at FB now. He was looking at Newark and Union City when you could get a SFH for $600k. He didn’t pull the trigger, since living at home was free. He couldn’t justify the mortgage payment vs free rent. Now he’s married and kicking himself for not buying.

Working in FB and buying Newark or Union City is a traffic nightmare, better be at EPA !

1 Like

His commute is longer now, but it’s on a company bus. I tried talking him into Seattle, but he helps run a family business on weekends. The work can’t be done remotely.

Newark has a good location for commute. Price may catch up to Fremont

If I had to do that then it needs to be a meritocracy. Not giving it to my descendants unless they are well qualified. :wink:

Does that mean you’re taking applications?

Yes, I think so :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hitting 1.5M
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Newark/37112-Aleppo-Dr-94560/home/1246309

3 Likes

:scream:

@manch your cheeks should be hurting…you are doing this a lot these days :slight_smile:

The world has turned insane!!! :scream:

1 Like

Come on, Fearless Leader, we have been talking Newark and Fremont as hot spots for awhile now. This is obviously not your typical SFH but still, people are looking for simply nice homes regardless of school rankings. Look at this one, school rankings are 3-6. Did it matter? Nope.

I think people are just expecting schools to improve with more and more tech workers.

A lot of people I know are not considering school anymore when kids are average 2 years old. They might consider moving again or private school for one kid is okay for them instead of paying 2.5M+

1 Like

Correct, that is what my Fremont tenants told me when I confirmed to them that my house does not feed to the very best schools of Fremont. They said, not a problem, sfdragonboy, we will make the schools better. Ok, here are the keys…

I think this is the other half of the sentiment. Someone in another thread was mentioning even the top school districts are over-enrolled, and people are still sending kids to private, so what’s the point of buying in the top school districts now.

Uh oh not what Yoda wants to hear.

1 Like