Next 10x Stock Winner

This IPO went almost last year and these two people are main underwriters.

Look at this, Both Morgan Stanley and GS are Upgrading it. They are trying to sell outsiders that company is one of the best. They need this stock value to go up so that they make (UW) profit ! It may be a potential TRAP for investors.

Company has 680M sales with loss of 417M !

With such state, I would not blindly believe these two upgrades unless I really see some clear recovery plan.

Aug 31st is next qtr results, but definitely company will make loss and every one will likely say “beat the market as loss is better than expected”.

I am not voting against NTNX, but do not like to blindly believe these two big company upgrades. I did not do any background research whether NTNX is really good or bad, but skimming through the results, I feel not worth deep diving.

When I have plenty of profit making companies, such as DPZ or EVOL, Or Big Brother Buffet bought SYF & STOR (and still 20% down the peak) why should I bother looking at NTNX?

SYF, both Seth Klarmann and Warren Buffet Bought it. I just follow them ,bought few today, fine to have 2% dividend and 18% down from peak, with PM 14%

HD tumbles 2.63% today

Issue oversubscribed so underwriters didn’t hold any shares. What is the incentive for them to pump?

Really? Cause? Buying opportunity???

Issue oversubscribed so underwriters didn’t hold any shares. What is the incentive for them to pump?
[/quote]

I do not believe UWs and their Analysts when it comes to investment. Dig, dig and dig to find out truth behind the writings so that you have 10x at the end.

[quote=“hanera, post:294, topic:2789, full:true”]

HD tumbles 2.63% today

Yes, bought HD today at $149.

COH went down 15%, Bought COH also at $40.75, potential chance this may further go down, I may also grab some more.

Bought SYF at 30.56 and STOR at 23.85 – all are small quantity. Credit Goes to Buffet and Seth !

wuqijun won’t approve this approach. Few but buy a lot!
buy a little of everything, might as well buy index fund.

1 Like

Hmmm ! :laughing:

Most of my money in OHI, CCP, BA, LMT, AAPL, QCOM, GILD…dividend stocks. I moved to dividend payers, no more selling/buying, just hold for dividends. As soon as I get some dividend money I buy it !

I do not have big money to play now.

I am not interested in buying index fund as I choose the stock, when it is down attractive like HD or COH or SYF, to buy it.

Still I have less than 20 stocks !

BTW: Small I mean appx $5000 equivalent, not at wuqijun’s 50k or 100k level.

If I’m you, just focus on your original 7 i.e. buy QCOM when got money :grinning: since it is down. Ok, notice all three are component stocks of S&P. Guess is ok. May be I should buy COH too, my wife bought a lot of coach bags. COH closed exactly at 200 day SMA. Realize COH bought Kate Spade.

I do not compete with S&P or NASDAQ. The more I dig on companies, better I am. Trying to know opportunities.

I want to learn how to invest for Maximum gain & Minimize taxes (qualified dividends).

1 Like

NEW YORK (AP) _ Coach Inc. (COH) on Tuesday reported fiscal fourth-quarter profit of $151.7 million.

On a per-share basis, the New York-based company said it had profit of 53 cents. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring gains, came to 50 cents per share.

The results exceeded Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of 14 analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of 49 cents per share.

The luxury handbag maker posted revenue of $1.13 billion in the period, which fell short of Street forecasts. Eight analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $1.15 billion.

For the year, the company reported profit of $591 million, or $2.09 per share. Revenue was reported as $4.49 billion.

Coach shares have risen 37 percent since the beginning of the year, while the Standard & Poor’s 500 index has risen 10 percent. The stock has risen 22 percent in the last 12 months.

I avoid fashion stocks especially teen retailers. The trends seasonally and with little rhyme or reason. With tech, you can clearly see processor A is x% better performing than processor B. With fashion, who knows how people decide bag A is trendy this season vs. bag B.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree tech is always attractive, but this one is a try. Before buying, I thought for a while.

It has 11.5% profit Margin, 3.3% qualified dividend, and making good progress this quarter Revenue and Profit, continue the same trend in future growth. But future growth is not satisfactory for wall street bringing down the stock 15% !

Going forward, we have year-end thanks giving sale time, economy is doing fine, sales continue to grow at normal pace. This stock is bound to make an upward turn in 3 to 6 months.

I see there is potential opportunity to buy this dividend paying stock at a cheaper price (like a home buying in 2008-2011) like Warren Buffet said “Be fearful when others are greedy, be greedy when others are fearful”

This is what I try to learn even though this sharp fall is scary. If I am successful in grabbing opportunities or making a failure, it educates me, refines my research further.

1 Like

Interesting look at the tech behind WDAY with their CTO.

Workday is indeed a cloud ERP company - just that it’s ERP does not yet have all the components of a traditional ERP. It’s niche in HRMS and developing Financials.

Salesforce is a cloud CRM company. It doesn’t have an ERP suite but there are other companies that are building small niche ERP plugins on its FORCE.com platform. E.g. Apptus for CPQ

Oracle offers both ERP and CRM but as separate solutions. Think back to Oracle’s acquisition of Peoplesoft (ERP) and Siebel (CRM) along with their own internal Oracle Apps ERP & CRM products.

1 Like

I still think it’s better to have an integrated solution of both ERP and CRM, instead of an alphabet soup of plugins. Enterprises want to deal with one big supplier instead of 10 small ones when things go wrong. You need to debug where in your system things go wrong, and many parts of the system may be barely standing up held together with duct tapes and bubblegum.

I simply stated the current state of ERP & CRM solutions. What you ask for is the typical debate between best-of-breed vs one-vendor monolith solution. Pros and cons to either approach. Cloud solutions propose to ‘break the wheel’ by supposedly taking away your concerns around maintenance of disparate systems but we are still at least a decade or two away from the evolution of software products on the cloud to the mundane yet stable state of pay-as-you-go utility.

@manch Your point is from the IT view, who cares about how complex IT is.

enterprise users want

1. Slick and nicer UI
  2. Tablet and mobility
  3. Faster innovation and new releases

CIOs want to add this to the resume

None of the big ERP houses do any of these.

3 Likes

Pendulum always swings between integration and modularization. The movement to the cloud is the big swing to the modularization side. I suspect we will see it swing back to the integration side again.

CIO’s look bad when their complex systems go down, most typically at the worst time.

[quote=“manch, post:309, topic:2789”]
I suspect we will see it swing back to the integration side again.
[/quote] I think it will take 15 years for this to happen. Big ERP investments that run around 20-30 million are hard to justify to change quickly

1 Like

[quote=“RealEstatebull, post:310, topic:2789”]
I think it will take 15 years for this to happen…
[/quote]Which company is likely to be the one who can do the integration or is cloudy at this stage?

Many best-of-breed companies are adding functionality towards the integrated model e.g. Workday… originally HRMS, adding Financial.

Mulesoft, Dell boomi are integration softwares that will be more and more used in integrating the disparate ERP systems. these stocks will do well

Some of its competitors From MuleSoft’s Crunchbase page:

Apigee
IBM
Jitterbit
Red Hat
Cyclr
Informatica
Oracle
Scribe
Snaplogic
WSO2
Tibco