Next 10x Stock Winner

Fear.
Fed evans talk.
NK-US rhetoric escalates.

Defensive stocks are up. All my defensive stocks + healthcare REITs are green.

This is completely about N Korea saying the US declared war. I think if thereā€™s conflict the market will take a hit then start to climb. I think any military conflict would be very, very short.

SPY is below the 10-day which but above the 50-day. Holding the 50-day is important. Itā€™s not great that utilities, staples, and energy are the top performers. Iā€™m still bullish on anything 6+ months out.

Historically, the talks about impending war weaken the market, once started, market would roar up.

1 Like

All the best to all buying. I am the one you are buying from !!

1 Like

What stocks are you selling? May not be the same.

FB and HPQ mainly. Got out of NVDA (185), SHOP last week

Iā€™m debating how much longer to hold FB. Their market cap is huge. I have a hard time seeing how they double from here.

When the value of the dollar gets depreciated by half, they will double without any effort.

2 Likes

Great minds think alike. Thatā€™s one of the reason I used to ā€œpredictā€ doubling of share price of US companies. Depreciation of dollar would cause market cap to go up even though in foreign currency such as Euro, no change, might even be decreasing (or increasing :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Good play for NVDA and SHOP, sold before correction starts. When do you think correction would be over?

Then youā€™re just treading water though. You havenā€™t actually increased your wealth in terms of purchasing power. You need to buy something thatā€™ll more than double.

1 Like

Blockquote

Cant tell, no crystal ball that I am holding :slight_smile: . But, cash is my position for most part right now

1 Like

Yes, buying spree. I bought again SHOP and TREE

1 Like

I canā€™t tell if weā€™ll test the 50-day or not. I think Iā€™ll add 25% of what Iā€™d like to add. Then keep repeating each day the market is down up to 4 days.

Thatā€™s the bottom line. Lots of room for improvement from thereā€¦ :slight_smile:

Mostly the headline that N Korea says the US declared war on them, and they have the right to shoot down our bombers that flew close to their border.

If someone is interested, here we have discussed about IRBT.

Shane Leonard, CFA stock-a-day post/analysis is great since the beginning.

For people that buy $1000 phones every year
An $800 vaccum is cheap

You did not click the link and read it. IRobot high end is $800 range, but low end is $299 (after $50 deal). The product quality, sweeping schedule and quality, are at par with Dyson Vacuum. Most of us here used to vacuum home sometimes and we know it takes time and laborious work. If you buy IRobot (or similar products) and schedule it, it does the work neatly including pet hair. This makes the people addicted to automation, keep using it. Last four years, this is running daily one hour each floor, no issue, keep it clean.

The sweeping algorithm is very smart, random movement, but covers all areas without fail. This is too good for carpet floor and wood floor.

1 Like

I have two stories need 2 plus have to do the stairs by handā€¦ someone gave me an old one. I Sold it in a garage sale for $50ā€¦ I sure there are plenty of cheap ones on Craigslist
There are dozensā€¦ meaning people buy them and are disappointed