Next 10x Stock Winner

I still think Samsung is junk…

2 Likes

China was a poor and dirty place like India is today. Poor and dirty can turn around quickly…

1 Like

Absolutely!!! :rofl:

If is a bad word. If Indonesia can assemble cheaper, Apple would shift to Indonesia. If Midwest can assemble cheaper, iPhones would be assembled in Midwest. If Chinese can produce a better smart phone, people would buy them rather than iPhones. In other words, if is a worthless conjecture. Cut n paste again… in case you miss them…

Ahhhh, got it, I missed the context. You are right !

1 Like

Asking the “What about China?” question on IRBT:

The cleaning robot, called Mi Robot Vacuum, is being launched with a price tag of 1,699 yuan (HK$1,974) and will go on sale September 6, Xiaomi’s co-founder and vice president Liu De said at a press conference in Beijing on Wednesday.

The Mi Robot Vacuum looks like the Roomba, a well-known US brand of autonomous vacuum but beats it on price - a similar model in the Roomba range costs 5,699 yuan on Chinese e-commerce websites.

Xiaomi has yet to make a dent in the Western world, but back in China, it continues to expand its presence with smartphones and smart home products – the latest of which being the Mi Robot Vacuum announced today. This is the first device coming out of a Mi Ecosystem startup dubbed Rockrobo, and it already claims to have a higher suction rating (1,800 Pa) than the likes of iRobot’s Roomba 980 (1,670 Pa) or Neato’s Botvac D8500 (1,000 Pa), partly thanks to the same brushless motor supplier used by the Roomba. Best of all, Xiaomi is selling this for just 1,699 yuan or about $250, which is a steal when compared to the $900 Roomba.

Xiaomi wants to be like Costco? Lei Jun is losing focus.
Is he giving up the mobile market to a broader IoT market?

Similar spec to 980 or more like this…

40 PM

So what’s the difference between 690 and 980?

The most important difference is 980 can clean multiple rooms, all kinds of floors (carpet, rugs, hardwood, laminated…), and have maps. Also, more accessories.

Xiaomi can’t clean all kinds of floors? It seems Xiaomi can also clean multiple rooms.

I have no interest in spending too much time finding out the detailed capabilities of xiaomi vacuum. I have a neato which can’t do all types of floors.

1 Like

I’m surprised they’ve opted for debt recently vs issuing more stock. Debt requires interest payments which hurt future profit and cash flow. They’ve been able to issue more stock at-will with no side effects, so switching to debt doesn’t make sense.

They better ramp up model 3 production. It worries me that only employees are receiving them and anyone that gets one has to sign a NDA. Who makes customers of a production product sign a NDA? If the car is great, you want people talking about it for all the free publicity.

3 Likes

Um… at least Tsla is not a pyramid scheme and money laundering machine like bitcoin.

Tesla is the Tucker of the 21st century… They always over promise and under deliver

2 Likes

I think he was in Trump’s Tech hand once ! He learnt from Trump !!

1 Like