Next 10x Stock Winner

Bought at 89.5 too. Let’s see where this goes. Can’t avg down anymore.

1 Like

What is your avg price? Mine is $99 for 80 shares. Another 20 shares to go :slight_smile: to complete a lot.
Btw, previously bought at $94 and sold at $104. Trying to buy back :grinning:

95$

Yeah, I am still learning. But it seems my performance this year so far is higher than you guys? :thinking:

I don’t like TSLA and SHOP. Do the opposite and load up. :smile:

1 Like

Beginner luck :grinning: I take your words as true… you didn’t share at all.

Investing is not a sprint but a marathon. Let’s revisit this topic ten years from now… :rofl:

Thought you would use your usual argument of in bulk! From $10k to $20k is easy, how about from $500k to $1 mil… pretty hard. In any case, I don’t know what he is comparing with, just take it as true… my statement about his investing expertise is just casual joke… not serious at all… so not very interested in going depth. It was meant to be a joke about you but he takes it seriously… he is a serious guy who don’t seem to appreciate humors like us.

1 Like

Made a killing STC calls bought at around $48. Holding 200 shares.

Holding 80 shares, waiting to buy 20 more shares. Opportunistic GTC BTO calls at $88.

12 PM
Made a killing STC calls bought at around $54. Holding 300 shares with 2 covered calls ($60).

Holding 800 shares with 8 covered calls ($25). Gain capped :frowning:
Biggest gain since open.

50 PM
IRBT. Nothing much to say, still trapped within two trend lines.
Holding 300 shares. Biggest loss since open.

1 Like

Cut and paste.

Cloud Six: Small cap ($2B to $10B) in tech industry

hanera…Jil…xxxMarcus…wuqijun…manch

UBNT…UBNT…UBNT…xYELP…xxMOMO
SHOP…SHOP…SHOP
VEEV…TTD…xxVEEV
IRBT…xIRBT…xTWLO
SPLK…xMASI
NTNX…MOMO…NTNX

UBNT - IoT, networking, Wi-Fi, Enterprise >> Consumer
SHOP - e-commerce, platform
VEEV - cloud computing, CRM >> ERP
IRBT - AI, robotics, cleaning >> connected robots/ smart home
SPLK - big data, data analytics
NTNX - big data, HCI >> Private Enterprise Cloud Platform

IRBT founded in 1990, CEO Colin M. Angle.
SPLK founded in 2003, CEO Douglas Merritt.
SHOP founded in 2004, CEO Tobias Lutke.
PANW founded in 2005, CEO Mark D. McLaughlin.
UBNT founded in 2005, CEO Robert Pera.
TWLO founded in 2007, CEO Jeff Lawson.
VEEV founded in 2007, CEO Peter Gassner.
NTNX founded in 2009, CEO Dheeraj Pandey.

Today, value of sCap is about the same as Aug 28. Would be ATH if IRBT breaks even :rofl:

1 Like

These small names are more volatile. I bet they all break either above or below the trend lines on earnings. The magic question is which direction will each one go?

VEEV has an investor day tomorrow.

1 Like

So long we’re confident about the long term prospect of the stocks, trade what the market deals while holding a core position… better psychologically from experience :rofl: … so long value of overall position is increasing, YTD or year over year*, no need to worry about daily/ weekly gain or loss especially of individual stocks.
Unreasonably decline: Add more underlying, short puts or long calls.
Unreasonably appreciation: Sell some underlying, sell covered calls or long puts.

*Can add more specific KPIs like more than S&P index by x%, more than 20% annual return, etc. My goal is more than 25% annual return. YTD already more than that but since I started sCap much later, goal is 8% increase from Aug 28 for this year.

1 Like

2 Likes

OMG, back to 96. I missed this bottom ! Yesterday, I had a chance to buy shop options. Will it come back to 90? any chances? I just placed another GTC at 90 order.

Congrats, you are in the green now. I need another $3 :confused:. Jil has placed his BTO calls at higher price, hijacking my calls. My calls use to be at $90, shifted to $88, turn out to be overly cautious :slightly_frowning_face:

My avg price on SHOP is $104.68 :frowning:

The good news for most of us is it appears tech is taking the lead in driving the market higher. We tend to be a very tech heavy crew.

Depending on your current exposure and/or conviction, short put (Nov 3 $85 or $90) could be a good bet because $81 is a really hard price level to break below… if it happens, may have to consider cut-loss :cry:
Thinking of it, but being too aggressive with IRBT make me hesitate… one single stock dragging down the portfolio… breakeven now… only need IRBT to breakeven to be at ATH!

1 Like

I buy and hold and hold and hold, and only sell if a change in the company’s business fundamentals dictate I should.

Finally, I see an incredibly bright future, a very profitable future, for this company for many years to come. I think the surprises will all be on the upside, and that all but the most optimistic internet prognosticators truly understand how transformative this industry will be. I want to own – yes, at any price, with a decades long holding period – the one company I think is best positioned to profit from it. I believe the company WILL one day achieve higher revenues and profits than Wal-mart. I want to be along for the ride – the whole ride, not just the parts of it in which I consider the stock to be fairly valued. This is how investors make the big money.

Candlestick pattern

UBNT - Bullish Engulfing, not confirmed

SHOP - Bullish Piercing Line, not confirmed

VEEV - Bearish Engulfing, not confirmed

IRBT - No pattern, stay short

NTNX - No pattern, stay long

Because of the high volatility and presence of professional short-selling analyst like Andrew Left of Citron Research, would limit max investment to $20k instead of $50k per counter :grinning: better safe than sorry :blush:

1 Like

Who wrote that and what’s he talking about?