Next 10x Stock Winner

Which company?

Which company?

One blogger made that comment when AMZN released AWS in 2006 after holding it since 1998. Similar eureka moment seen by AAPL investors in 2002 when iPod is released and then in 2007 when iPhone is released. These type of realization is when one should literally mortgage your house to go all in. Looking forward for such releases by the small capital.

Was there any eureka moment anybody felt about the Tesla model 3? :wink:

1 Like

I already increased my position to the max I want to hold for now.

Maybe if the line was making 10,000/wk. Thatā€™s 500k/yr assuming 2 down weeks. Most car companies can run a production line at that rate.

1 Like

Donā€™t own TSLA so donā€™t care :grinning: So far, no eureka for the small and micro cap that I owned. Having said that, today market is good to me. VEEV shot up! IRBT recovered. UBNT is doing good too. So above water again!

1 Like

So far short puts hasnā€™t been a way to buy more shares at a lower price. The stocks reverse, and I profit from selling the put. I guess there are worse things that can happen.

Iā€™ll calc my exact return on small caps tomorrow. I will way BAT is easily crushing them although Iā€™ve owned BAT for longer. Itā€™s hard to complain when laggard is up 9.4%. I canā€™t remember when I started those positions. It was this year, and Iā€™ve added to the first buy.

Just use any arbitrary date to start comparing. I use Aug 28 :slight_smile: which is unfair to small cap because F10 are in correction while most small caps have yet to correct i.e. at their highs. Is ok, I like to be an underdog so can spur me to work harder to catch. Easy for me to do comparison because all my small cap are in one accountā€¦ just look at the value of the account on Aug 28 and nowā€¦ is up :slight_smile: After much trampoline, able to weather Andrew Leftā€™s 20% price decline, all counters except IRBT is doing great.

Depending on your strike price of the short putā€¦ too low means try to get premium for freeā€¦ if want to buy cheap, usually ATM or even slightly higher :slight_smile:

Not sure how I miss the bullish divergence in hourly chart. Bot 20 shares to make 100 shares in SHOPā€¦ should go up to $100 but not sure after that. Avg price = $98.50. Long 1 miserable call (Jan $100) :slight_smile: hopefully one double, same profit as previous calls for UBNT and VEEV would be good :rofl:

VEEV rocks. Made good money in calls. Now shares are rocking too.
15 AM

IRBT broke above resistance at the 4th tries :slight_smile: Cautiously happy, looking forward for it to fill gaps.
52 AM

What do you use to make your charts?

I did my short puts so Iā€™d buy right near the 200-day. I figured there wasnā€™t much chance of the stocks going below that while in a bull market. It was too conservative, but itā€™s hard to fault winning trades.

Iā€™ll lookup the date I started BAT. I know it was earlier in the year, so those have had quite a bit more time than small cap to grow.

The black background chart is from ThinkorSwim platform, which allow all kinds of fancy analysis :slight_smile: and order configurationā€¦ very advanced and complexā€¦ they conduct free classes on trading and how to do analysis :wink: The other type is Stockcharts.com.
I use Shift-Cmd-4 to capture partial screen on a Mac Pro onto the desktop.
Double click on the image, it would open and on top towards the end there is a markup toolbar.
Click on the markup toolbar would enable all types of annotation and fancy touchups :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Candlestick pattern

UBNT - Bullish Engulfing, not confirmed, Confirmed today :grinning: Good!

SHOP - Bullish Piercing Line, not confirmed, Stay in cash:thinking: What? I just long one call!

VEEV - Bearish Engulfing, not confirmed, Stay long :grinning:

IRBT - No pattern, stay short, Bullish one white soldier, not confirmed:grinning: Please confirm :rofl:

NTNX - No pattern, stay long, Bearish Harami, not confirmed :neutral_face: Blessing in disguise as I have covered calls at $25.

2 Likes

UBNT rocks todayā€¦ take the opportunity to short covered calls ($65) against the 200 shares. IRBT experience is making me timid :disappointed_relieved: Assign at $65 or reduce basis :slight_smile:

NTNX and AMBA rock today too. However no gain overall because of IRBT :cry:

1 Like

Overall a 4.5% gain for the small cap 5. BAT is up 16% but over a longer time period. Iā€™ll lookup a start period this weekend.

1 Like

Donā€™t know whether history will rhythm, err on the safe side, shorted covered calls ($65) vs 200 shares.

Long 1 call ($100)ā€¦ holding my breath.

Shorted covered calls vs 300 shares. After this analysis, look like is a mistake.

Trapped in a wedge. Canā€™t do anything, just wait.

Regretting shorting covered calls at strike = 25 already.

1 Like

It happens. I think overall itā€™s not a bad move. It was 10%+ pop on a non-earnings announcement. Those are very rare. I had the same happen on NFLX at 192.50 today. It ran big time on the announced price increase. Earnings is Monday, so it wasnā€™t a bad time to take profits on a volatile name.

James Burmley said time to take profits on your iRobot, and wait patiently for reentry on Jul 26, 2017.

Even if new competitors donā€™t weigh in on the stock soon though, the risk here is significant. The risk/reward scenario wonā€™t be favorable again until IRBT falls back under $70.

Time to consider long calls, what strike and which month?

I feel that many of my picks are coming down, first IRBT, then SHOP and now TREE ! Looks like free ride is over, we can easily blame it one FED ! !

Panw has yet to decline :grinning:

1 Like

Perhaps you should pay attention to technicals. Bearish divergence!
TREE is a short candidate.
36 PM

1 Like