Next 10x Stock Winner

Hi, Andrew Left,

Have you forgotten about PANW and SPLK?

Need to buy more of them.

Thank you.

hanera

2 Likes

The small cap 5 are up 8%. Need to add more to all but SHOP. I tried using short puts to add UBNT and VEEV. Iā€™ll add on the next panic day.

Tech, industrials, financials, healthcare, and materials all have upward trends. Semis (SMH is on fire). Bought some ITM Jan calls on XLF and slightly OOM Nov calls on SMH. The IV on XLB seems too high for how slow it usually moves. I might do XLI calls if it goes to a new high.

1 Like

I need to add some UBNT and NTNX, and lots of SHOP, SPLK and PANW, and happy with VEEV. Place a few GTC short puts. Didnā€™t place any GTC long callsā€¦ prefer to assess the characteristics of the decline to decide which month/ strike price to long atā€¦ calls are risky so need to be extra carefulā€¦ yet to long LEAPS calls, may be I should because these calls make 10x easily over the 2-3 years if we are right about the stocksā€¦ only need 1 double to achieve thatā€¦ just need to place it correctly. Have to admit Andrew Left caught me with my pants downā€¦ didnā€™t think sufficiently clear and long termā€¦ think I get the tempo now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve done LEAPS before. Mentally, itā€™s hard to hold until expiration. I usually end up wanting to lock in profits.

My main options trade is using technical analysis to find opportunities. Then I go out 3-4 months and far enough in the money that the time premium is near zero. Itā€™s enough time for the technical setup to play out. The option is usually 25-35% of the price of the stock, so itā€™s 3-4x leverage vs just buying shares. Iā€™m leveraging up when the charts indicate thereā€™s a higher probability of a positive outcome. Iā€™m not leveraging up so much that a trade can implode.

Can counter this through selling weekly or front month calls against LEAPs after the stock has appreciated a bit. Just donā€™t get too aggressive with the short calls if you donā€™t want to close both i.e. OTM sufficiently to be expired, premium is high enough to worth the while to short calls.

1 Like

You will know about IRBT by end of tomorrow (Results After Market).

2 Likes

SHOP is rallying! Congrats to everyone that got in after Left bashed it. Iā€™m back to positive on it. I wonder how long Left keeps his shorts, because it seems buying after the initial drop is a good move.

3 Likes

STC the lone call for a double. Three consecutive success :grinning: Have to thank Andrew.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Just checked, AH $79.50 :rofl: sCap portfolio is rocking, albeit funds not fully committed so overall return sound smallish. Count only return on committed fund would have been over 10% but that is cheating because the denominator should be the fund allocated. Otherwise, I have been doubling since all my long calls have made a double.

2 Likes

Why is IRBT tanking today? Itā€™s down 12% so far.
Btw, whatā€™s the best source for news on why the market is up/down or a particular stock up/down?

Yahoo finance news is probably the best for news stories. Stocktwits is the best real-time although thereā€™s a fair amount of non-sense to filter through.

Iā€™m not sure IRBT. I donā€™t follow it closely. The fact revenue was up Y/Y but EPS was down (excluding 1-time tax benefit) isnā€™t very positive. Increasing spending faster than revenue while growing at 14.9% isnā€™t good. Unless you believe the growth rate will double or more, then Iā€™d avoid it.

Yearly Revenue guidance is reduced even though they were better in this quarter. When Future looks challenging, no one wants to bet on it. Above all, today is red day for all stocks due to profit taking. IRBT is a doubtful case now, we do not know at this time.

1 Like

They arenā€™t the only one down on earnings and guidance. NOW and AMD are down as well. AMD is down 13%. Itā€™ll be interesting if the problem is AMD or the industry. NVDA will tell the other half of the story.

1 Like

Few green, GOOG, TCEHY, LQMT, AWK, COH, KMB, JNJ. Owned the last 5.

1 Like

Surprised IRBT pumper, Gene Munster, iRobot ā€˜Sweeps Away Competitive Threatsā€™

iRobot is well-positioned to dominate in the vacuum and wet floor cleaning category, but its leading robotics expertise will ā€œunlock many opportunities in other domestic markets,ā€ Munster said.

MF is desperately defending IRBT, Why iRobot Corporation Stock Dropped Today

So while itā€™s hard to blame the market for bidding iRobot stock down as Jensen revived fears of up-and-coming competition, I suspect this drop will prove to be a wonderful buying opportunity for patient, long-term investors.

Massive R&D spend for 15% revenue growth. The other small caps are growing revenue at 30%+.

1 Like

Twtr turnaround???

1 Like

User growth is only 4% y/y. Revenue was actually down 4% y/y. Good for them for cutting expenses to get profitable, but cutting expenses only gets you so far when revenue is declining. Iā€™d sell on the news.

1 Like

No, waiting for a buyout from one of the FANGs.

1 Like