Next 10x Stock Winner

Biologist Wu and Jil,

Any comments on CELG?

3 Likes

1 Like

Burnt my finger already from $120 to 96 ! CELG Chapter Closed, recovery takes longer time.

Multiple failures/wrong picks (CELG & IRBT kind) dragged my growth to 14.5% this year. I researched further and found four Mutual Funds ran better than me.

From now on, I am moving to Mutual Funds like FBSOX, FSCSX, FSPTX & FSRPX. This is sit back and relax mode as they are better than me.

I am not selling and moving to new mutual funds, but keeping all good ones I have and then future allocations goes to these four Mutual Funds. Just planning this way.

SHOP posted beyond expected results,first ever profit, strong revenue guidance, but stock price was beaten by profit taking and shorting !

1 Like

Pure technical. Shorted call (Nov 3 $100) vs the lone lot when it hits the upper channel so reduce basis by $10 :slight_smile: Making good lunch money trading this SHOP so far. Volatility is good :slight_smile:

Both bullish divergence of MOMO and IRBT is kicking in, need to know when to let go :slight_smile: May have too many stocks to monitorā€¦ need to cut down :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, It takes lot of time to research, read and keep up the subject. That is why, I tried to reduce the numbers and go for Mutual Funds ! Any way, I am back into shop today buying again.

1 Like

I have over 30 stocks in different accounts with different themes :slight_smile:
For small capital, tries to reduce the number I need to monitorā€¦ now cut off CRUS. So back to 6 stocks (UBNT, SHOP, VEEV, SPLK, NTNX, IRBT)ā€¦ just wondering which one to dropā€¦

I have 17 stocks to follow AAPL,ANET,BA,DE,FB,GBTC,GOOGL,IPGP,LUV,NFLX, NVDA,ORCL,PYPL,SHOP,SUPN,TREE, and UBNT. Further trying to reduce.

Some you donā€™t have to follow e.g. AAPL and DE. Have them, donā€™t monitor the stocks anymoreā€¦ good fundamentals, good managementā€¦ no need to waste brain juice. I think can donā€™t monitor FB, GOOG and ORCL too.

I monitor small cap now to reduce basis and seize long calls opportunities.

1 Like

Advice from a (former) biologist: do not invest in biotech. Invest in high tech :laughing:

1 Like

I only own 10 stocks (BAT, small cap 5, AAPL, and FB). Iā€™d like to trim that a little more to 2/3 BAT, 3 small cap, then AAPL or FB. 10 isnā€™t too bad to follow from a research perspective.

I usually limit myself to 5 option trades at a time. Those are pretty easy, since itā€™s only technical analysis. I really donā€™t care about the fundamentals of the company. I use the 10-day as a stop.

3 Likes

I also own 10 stocks! Iā€™ve been like this for over 5 years (held same). Hereā€™s my list:

AAPL
Goog
Bidu
Baba (owned qihu and sina before switching)
Yelp
Tsla
Fb
Nflx (switched from lnkd)
eBay/pypl
Twtr

Only thing lost money is twtr. Also, lost $3000 on jcp which I donā€™t count as official :laughing:

3 Likes

You donā€™t lose money unless you sell. ā€¦I own sp500 index funds, will never sellā€¦Like my 2+% dividends
The only individual stock I own is BPā€¦6% dividend. .Pays my annual gas bill

3 Likes

In that case, I donā€™t count all the rest of the stocks and index fund since AAPL dwarfs all combined :rofl:

2 Likes

BP is up a $1.08 todayā€¦ Oil prices are booming along with the broad market.
BP and Oil is at a 2 year highā€¦ plus it is always a good black swan event hedgeā€¦ better than gold and pays a healthy dividend

1 Like

Gas prices in California are going to explodeā€¦ Thanks to world price increases and Browns new taxesā€¦ $.50 a gallon in the next 2 years.
Oill is an inflation canary in the mine.

Inflation is backā€¦ Ally Bank just raised its interest rate to 1.25%
10year bonds net 2.37%

1 Like

Candlestick pattern

UBNT, Bearish Evening Star, SELL
SHOP, Bearish Hanging Man, SELL
VEEV, Bullish Engulfing, BUY
SPLK, No Pattern, STAY IN CASH
NTNX, No Pattern, STAY LONG
IRBT, Bullish One White Soldier, BUY
MOMO, Bullish Harami Cross, BUY

1 Like