Next 10x Stock Winner

It appears betting opposite Citron is a smart move.

They were wrong 76% of the time last year.

2 Likes

Citron creates an opportunity to buy at low. I made it many times.

Recent Steep Fall (not Citron) of ANET, UBNT & XOM so far turned me a profit.

1 Like

49%20PM

2 Likes

Palo Alto Networks Inc. PANW, +5.66% shares got a boost from already-record share prices Monday afternoon after the security-software company reported an earnings beat. Palo Alto Networks reported a net loss of $34.9 million on revenue of $542.4 million in its fiscal second quarter, as sales grew from $422.6 million the year before. After adjusting for stock-based compensation and other effects, the company claimed earnings of 97 cents a share, with an 11 cents-per-share boost from the new tax law, up from 63 cents a share a year ago. Analysts on average expected adjusted earnings of 79 cents a share, after the company projected 78 cents to 80 cents a share, on revenue of $525 million, according to FactSet. The company also increased its full-year projections, which now call for revenue in the range of $2.19 billion to $2.22 billion; billings in the range of $2.72 billion to $2.77 billion; and adjusted profit in the range of $3.84 to $3.91 a share. After logging a 52-week closing high of $169.32 Monday, shares jumped more than 6% in late trading immediately following the release of earnings.

The main driver of share price after earning is exceed expectations.

1 Like

2 Likes

07%20PM

2 Likes

41%20PM

You take so long to type, I pre-empt you. Yes, you’re that easy to read.

1 Like

So what exactly are each of you betting on? Thread is super long.

Man who keeps his words and does what he says is by definition easy to read. :smile:

OK, looking at your list my only intersection with you is Micron.

Below 10B caps I have: Noah, Twillo, SailPoint and Momo. Not sure if any of them can go 10x. Maybe Twillo can.

I think these holdings of mine may go 10x: JD, Arista, and as mentioned above, Twillo. Micron may 3 or 4x but very doubtful it can do 10.

I am secretly hoping for amazon buying out irbt. @hanera might too.

2 Likes

I can imagine amazon buying TWLO as part of AWS. IT fits, it sits.

1 Like

That is the rumor for a long time. AMZN buying is better than AAPL because AAPL doesn’t pay much for acquisition. May be Alibaba or TSLA?

Luckily I didn’t instal Ring… I would be monitored!!! I think I have to stop using FB, Google, AMZN, etc… Have already stopped using NFLX.

I stopped using FB. Cannot stop AMZN, GOOG, or NFLX - impossibru.

But amazon buyout rumor just fits perfect.home automation - alexa, send roomba to kitchen.

I need more than just floor cleaning. Also need cleaning any tops, they get dusty very fast. Also need windows cleaning robots :slight_smile: Btw, can Alexa understand Singlish or Cantonese?

Nah - probably not. it’d be nice to have a clean everything robot.
Windows are probably not hard, some version of [1] with a dock embedded into window frame would probably do wonders :stuck_out_tongue:

[1] https://www.amazon.com/Glider-D-3-Magnetic-Cleaner-thickness/dp/B00FK0NU5C

Amazon is buying these to compete with Google’s consumer market nest, nest cam, nest cam doorbell and cloud storage.

Lot of home automation, security and consumer market is growing, google is fast grabbing them, next is Amazon.

Last year, amazon used to sell next camera, but this year they reduced it and showing on refurbished next camera.

The competition is among Google, Apple, Amazon and some cases FB.

Apple doesn’t seem very keen in home automation.

they could be, they already have siri & tv. They could but they havent’.

I was really expecting them to start making a car. I even had a friend there who absolutely told me nothing about it, made it all the more secret. then they got dissolved.

Apple has consumer market products, but did not focus on home security automation. In fact, apple should go for it challenging Google and Amazon.

Nest was ex-apple person, Apple left nest which came with good quality, taken over by Google. I use nest, nest camera…etc eventually remove the ADT security once google establishes everything nicely.

WSJ states “The Ring acquisition also increases Amazon’s threat to Alphabet Inc . GOOGL -2.29% ’s home automation unit, Nest Labs, which Google acquired for $3.2 billion in 2014. Nest is a leading player in the smart-home security field and makes internet-connected thermostats, smoke detectors and security cameras that work with both Google and Amazon’s virtual assistants”

Source: