Ok, It's Settled. Real Estate Is The Fastest Path To Wealth

Full stack? Which startup? Still around?

Paypal

1 Like

Elon Musk baby. I guess you got a fat payout after it was acquired. And didnā€™t join YouTube for another windfall.

Didnā€™t join YouTube but got on the Apple trainā€¦

I already proved that I am highest (You questioned how do I know) ! I understand both Intero agents may be friends !

Above the highest bid, if I want to provide 100k-200k or 1 Million, I am not playing Warren Buffet game, but leading to bankruptcy path !

You should try to go to the listing agent directly on every single house and work with him directly, rather than using your own agent over and over for multiple bids. The latter is a path to failure or extreme overbidding.

1 Like

Yes, like every one, I have limited funds and definitely not willing to compromise my lookouts. You are right that I took few homes with highest debt burden, with more than 25 finances/refinances. Now, I am paying off portion of it so that I pay very less interest that puts me super positive cash flow (as I am already slightly +ve cash flow). Whatever I gained that is more than enough at this stage. Yes, I can also quit my job, but hanging on to it for few more years.

Is this your strategy?

Yes.

1 Like

My agent had got correct information, no doubt. There was exactly one another competitor who had 1M down payment, he was the winner as his offer was very near to mine. It is ultimately sellerā€™s decision to finalize it.

Even after this, if you loose it, what will you do?

Itā€™s hard for you to lose that way. Listing agent will give you info on what you would need to do to win. Itā€™s only a question of if you actually wanted to pay what he indicated you should pay, and that you have the financial capability of doing so.

2 Likes

If you were the seller, Person A comes with 25% down payment offer 1.5M and Person B with 70% down payment offer 1.494M, who do you feel safer to accept?

I would always go for the highest bid, being 1.5M. But in your case, listing agent would then tell you that in order to win, you will need to pay 1.5M and put down 70%. So then you would know what you would need to do to win it.

1 Like

Something fishy going on thereā€¦

This happened to me when I tried to bid on a condo (it was dirt cheap so I overlooked the HOA). Now that condoā€™s price more than doubledā€¦some realtors are such crooks.

1 Like

Iā€™m not convinced that the winning bid originally came in just $6K under $1.5M. $1.494M is not a number that anybody would have in mind.

1 Like

Jil probably got fleeced by the listing agent working with the eventual winner who went to him directly for advice. Thatā€™s why I told Jil to do the same. Thatā€™s the only way to win the bid.

How is this for slippery. Agent takes a listing meeting. Itā€™s an inherited property, agent says itā€™s lot value and buys it themselves. Convinces them itā€™s in their best interest. Turns around and flips it a few months for double. Of course I heard this second hand, but the very fact they bought it says enough.

He has fancy branding and is publicly praised on nextdoor.

1 Like

Look like Jil is a novice :joy: Although it is illegal for listing agent to leak bidding info, most LA drop hints as to what terms and what bid would most likely win. So if you want to win, wait till one hour before closing and let your agent does the magic and tell you the price and terms. LA influences the seller decision a lot. Three out of five houses I bought in Austin wasnā€™t the highest bidder. Your agentā€™s relations with the LA can decide whether you win or not.

1 Like

Now, that is a pretty damning statement. @SamShuehRealtor, care to chime in or you canā€™t turn on your brothers/sisters???