One Out of Every 20 Americans Is Now a Millionaire

That’s a mentality of decadence. All you really need is a gardener and maybe a maid to clean the house for you once a while.

Being a millionaire is not what it used to be. Money is worthless.

1 Like

I agree, you can be a $1.5 M home owner, but man! You may be stretching that paycheck too much.

Move back to HK. Even poor people have maids. Richer folks have armies of maids.

It’s also an issue of legal liability, labor regulations etc. There’s a lot of cost and risk in hiring people here in your household. Corporation has a lot of legal consels and a lot of insurance, a regular household does not. If your maid falls and breaks her leg, you could be faced with a lot of problems, could be arrested if you did not buy worker’s comp. If she works for over 8 hours and you did not pay overtime, you can also be sued.

Too many bad lawyers and too many stupidvisors in US.

Also Protestants were really hard working and there has been a constant labor shortage, Americans are used to do things themselves and may feel awkward to have a maid to do everything for them.

HK is for Cantonese speaking Chinese. Go to Singapore, speak any languages also can.
Can have maids.
Can have Michelin star food of any kind, not just Cantonese food, at HDB’s hawker’s prices i.e. very cheap.
Can roam anywhere at anytime of the day.

Then what about a “decamillionaire”? :slight_smile:

Deca-millionaire is totally within reach.

How close are you?

I was in Singapore 30 years ago… Nice place to visit but seems boring… City living… But not great for outdoor recreation… Too hot and humid for me… California has a lot more to offer… Skiing, surfing, wineries Tahoe, Yosemite hiking biking golf, fishing beaches… Singapore seems mainly better for dining out… Need to exercise a lot to keep from getting fat there…

1 Like

Best for city night owls like me. Ask Eduardo Saverin. Yes forgot the best one… no capital gain… perfect for billionaire… government and populace very friendly to wealthy… not like here, people jealous of wealthy guys, always think their wealth are ill gotten, so always pumping tax on wealthy…
If want skiing - South Korea and Japan.
If want surfing - Australia’s gold coast.
If want hiking - Just go North.
Plenty of golf and fishing areas - Guess you’re not aware.
Btw, don’t like any of those outdoor activities.

1 Like

Looks like you would spend most of your time on planes or out of the City… Why bother to live there… Isn’t Australia 4000 miles away

1 Like

If that is you. I would be like Eduardo Saverin

Obviously nobody like me lives there… Too each his own
City living ain’t my thing

I think it depends on where you live in America. Bay Area is obviously better than Singapore. Texas is much worse. In my opinion, the only places in America better than Singapore are SF, LA, and NY metros.

Best thing about Singapore is it’s one hour from Thailand.
My wife and I both love Thailand. Especially the beaches

Um… no Third World for me!!!

Thailand is the least third world of anywhere I have been…
Love the food the people and the beaches

I think he is working hard at it by marginizing his stock portfolio 10x… beware of such high leverage though… :wink:

You don’t know what you miss! Third world is a horrible label by supremacists. Thailand has very beautiful beaches (not talking about nudists’ or tourist area) and superb hiking sites. There is no place in America that rival Australia’s gold coast for anything to do with water.