One Out of Every 20 Americans Is Now a Millionaire

Time to train your kiddos to wash the dishes. Gotta start early.

I have been doing dishes since I put a foot on this country. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Random but, do you like Star Wars? I swear sometimes you speak like Yoda…maybe it’s getting late.

1 Like

Indeed. You mistook his broken English for Yoda wisdom… :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t believe this report. Where is Credit Suisse getting the info. I went to their site, but it’s in Swiss so no can read. 20-25% of US population is under age 20 I believe. So, that makes it even worse.

But, how would Credit Suisse know what my net worth is? When I search my info online, I find we live in our rental property and work for construction (?? - wish we did since we can get more work done around here). No listing of our primary residence. Unless Credit Suisse have access to all housing data (what’s owed or paid in full) and all our banking data, how can they come up with this? I surely like to see the data and until then, this is fake news to me.

Our credit data is frozen and secured so no companies have access.

I think English is a badly conceived language, it doesn’t reflect how we think. For example, I saw a chair and I like it. I should say, chair I like not I like this chair. I am aware of this flaw of English when I learn how to use the reverse polish of HP calculator. So quite often I hate to edit what came naturally to me just to conform to the grammar.

Understand you do why change😀

2 Likes

There is a consumer report from the Fed to fill out once every year. Can also generate data from tax returns. This is not perfect science, but the numbers should be within range. For a very large population size like that of a country, the margin of error doesn’t really make a difference to the actual figure… the estimated figure might be “16% are millionaires” whereas the actual figure lies somewhere between 15-17%.

1 Like

Thank you for the wisdom. I can have a reason to boast now if my broken English slipped out some day… :rofl:

Happy now you are I see.

Joke you think but serious I am.

1 Like

Yes Yoda! :rofl:

You confusing Singlish with wisdom.

Really??? I thought that was @harriet:rofl:

1 Like

Kena caught

English is not normal

English speakers know that their language is odd. So do people saddled with learning it non-natively.
But our monolingual tendency leaves us like the proverbial fish not knowing that it is wet. Our language feels ‘normal’ only until you get a sense of what normal really is.
Pretty soon their bad Old English was real English, and here we are today: the Scandies made English easier

The only language that feels normal to you is your native language.

Did you read the article? Written by an American professor!

No need to read his rubbish…

Tense is not normal. Why do you need different words for past and present? Instead of saying “I ate this morning” Chinese just say “I eat this morning.” You already told people when you ate, why use two different words “eat” and “ate”? That’s dumb.

In some languages like French they even have different words for male vs female. Double dumbness.

In Chinese you need to put the particle “le” (Mandarin) or “jor” (Cantonese) to indicate an action performed, which is similar to the English past tense (-ed).

There’s no need to put any extra particles to verbs in English because the tense already indicated such.