Predictions for Sunnyvale, Cupertino

$720k over asking… for a “fixer”…

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Sunnyvale/323-N-Murphy-Ave-94085/home/658577

1 Like

5200 SF lot, and 1000 SF house. Is it a wise buy? I can’t make sense of it.

Is there gold underground?

4 Likes

Buyer should put their life saving on Facebook stock instead.

I miss 2011… could’ve done something about it back then… regrets regrets… :frowning:

2 Likes

I feel that Sunnyvale is way overvalued, but it kept going up and up. I don’t see anything there worth the price.

Anyone can explain?

2 Likes

Geographically is the best. Go West is Google & FB. Go South is AAPL. Go East are all the semi companies.
Stay there, no need to move when changing jobs… commuting time is about the same.
Go for good elementary schools or Harker, your choice.
If I’m not wrong, all the big guys have offices there too.

1 Like

The elementary schools there are not good though. You have to pay for private school I think.

1 Like

Is the neighborhood that I want to buy a SFH, hesitate too much… :hugs:

1 Like

but this house goes to Bishop elementary with rating of 5 and columbia middle with rating of 3.

btw look at price history of this house .

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Sunnyvale/566-Cypress-Ave-94085/home/656078

1 Like

Also Sunnyvale rent is not high. Homes are not impresive. Schools are poor.

Only good thing is commute.

Also Sunyvale “downtown” got renovated. Caltrain station is pretty new. Is this the real reason?

The real reason is that so many buyers (first timers) have got lot of cash (excessive millions through stock options/IPOs), and they do not get a home.

For such people, getting a home by paying few hundred thousands is not an issue. They grab it defeating everyone in the race.

Wow, crazy history. And I am quite surprised that area is already at 1.7M!

Flipper made a killing here.

Was not a flipper… was buy and hold for a little over a year. No remodeling done.

WHAT? Made 600K a year doing nothing?!

Why are you jealous? Should not have passed that opportunity to buy in Sunnyvale back then…

2 Likes

Effect of Long term capital gain

You too! :smile:

The flipper bought it for 805K and sold it for 1.15M to the sellers. The sellers held it for a year and sold it for 1.73M. Flipper bought it all cash and sellers only put down 20%. The flipper should not have flipped it and instead should have held on to it…

7 Likes