Predictions for Sunnyvale, Cupertino

Like the list.
For me if it is a primary home vs. investment property, then I would only accept the following. All others will cause me mental issue daily which will not be worth it.

Tenant occupied not yet moved out >> If in a city like SF - hell no! The amount of potential stress is not worth it deal with people and their shelter!

On busy street or backed up to the highway >> will only gets worse. If I’m currently living in a similar area maybe but otherwise avoid like the plague!

Someone died in the house within past couple years >> No way for me especially the un-natural ones. Just the daily mental thought of that… Or that quiet night when the rest of the family is out… and you hear “those” noises!

Agreed. I would be surprised if it’s finally sold for under $1.8M.

+1 to suggestion above. I have seen that the well maintained houses listed at market price or slightly above has less overbidding happening. Also go for smaller lots for primary residence. The folks looking for flipping do not bid in those thus resulting in saner prices.

1 Like

Yes indeed. One time I bought a flip which the ex-tenant told me some kid killed himself couple years back in one of the bedrooms. I avoided that room like the plague. But the ex-tenant didn’t mind at all as he was actually occupying it and joke about it the whole time.

1 Like

Ok, that would explain the caution tape and body chalk outline…

WTH??? You have a high tolerance level, @wuqijun…I ain’t going near something like that…

Yes… that bloody image of the boy killing himself has been haunting me very night when I go to sleep ever since… :slight_smile:

And that in turn is a huge motivator for you to make more $$$ and buy another house ASAP. :slight_smile:

Oh… that house was just a flip. I sold it long ago.

Did you have to pass along that information when you sold or was it passed time limit?

It was passed the time limit. Limit is 3 years.

This one probably belong in this thread too:

Pending in 2 days before OH with a giant tree too close to the home.

As long as this is not California protected tree, it is easy to cut those trees ! Just costs $1000 or $2000 depending on size of the trees. I have cut lot of trees in the past except California protected redwood tree !

Do you need to get a permit to cut trees?

Not if it happens on a weekend day… (J/K… kinda)

2 Likes

LOL, the house on the Colby Ave was such a FLIP.

It was sold on Jan off market for 1.3M. now listing for 1.8M.
Can be 1.9M easily I guess.

@Jil, how do you know it is a trust to construction company?

I do not exactly remember how I got it, mostly from city or county records I think.

1 Like

@Jil Thanks for the information.

That’s a very interesting point. Will drop by county office to take a look.

Anyway, that 1.3M is too good to be true, don’t know how construction company can get a such deals.

It probably was not really a sale. I bought a property years ago. Was getting ready to develop it. I created a new LLC for this project and “sold” my property to this LLC. I took 400k profit on it and pay long term capital gains tax on it.
When the newly constructed homes sell, it will be “earned income” (taxed higher), but at least I took 400k at the lower rate.

This kind of transfer is what Jil probably meant.

4 Likes

Excellent, tax efficiency !

I also sensed the same way, it must be “not an arms length” transactions.

1 Like

This house, 787 Allison Way, Sunnyvale, CA 94087, initially listed for $1.85 mil and re-listed for $1.795 mil went pending recently. The zessimate of the house has been steady at $1.8 mil for about two years. If Jil is correct that RE is on the up trend, I would expect the final sale price to be higher than $1.795 mil, probably $1.9 mil. Btw, the house is in between Fremont Ave and Allison way. I’m using this house as a marker.