Predictions for Sunnyvale, Cupertino

This is wrong comparison. Compare the trend for non-high speed road, non-creekside road, non-railway track or non-negative points home.

This home next to Fremont ave that is high speed road, very less bidders, that will not fetch 1.9M. Seller reduced as there are no takers for 1.85M. Since they reduced the price, at high speed road near home, this will go exactly at 1.795M.

If it goes higher, I really wonder why they need to reduce the price from 1.85M !

If you want to see the trend, you look at this condo !

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Sunnyvale/236-Red-Oak-Dr-94086/home/670274

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Sunnyvale/236-Red-Oak-Dr-E-94086/home/1414659

Mark this for future: When Apple and Google and Facebook stocks come down 20% or more, you will certainly notice the down trend ! When these stocks are going up, you will never see any downtrend in bay area.

elt1 has mentioned that there are investors who comes with lot of cash, I do see the same trend. Nowadays investors are jumping with high or full cash offers that no primary home holder able to match it.

1 Like

The peak zessitimate is $732k, drops to $711k today. Redfin estimate is $678k. Let’s see whether it can be sold for higher than $732k. It has intentionally asked lower than both Zessimate and Redfin’s estimate, hopefully to entice a bidding war… are there enough demand to push the price to $732k?

I do not understand where do you get the figures. On any case, zillow is estimate which will have variance and error prone. They are just guidance part.

List price does not matter, final sale price matters.

This is 100% true

Mark this for future: When Apple and Google and Facebook stocks come down 20% or more, you will certainly notice the down trend ! When these stocks are going up, you will never see any downtrend in bay area.

1 Like

Look at the wrong house. This is the correct one, 236 Red Oak Dr E Apt S, 94086 House was sold for $650k above trend line :slight_smile: Back on market after about 2 years, let see how what it fetches. Actually, I wanted to track SFHs but since you use condo, actually I thought condos are coming down.

Like in stocks, sellers used to hike the price and buyers stay away. Every home coming on market is demand and supply. If you focus on individual home by home, and seeing or predicting market direction, we will be wasting our time.

Above all, pricing of individual home is really tricky with variable parameters starting from desirability and home condition etc.

Think, if we daily look at AAPL stock on speculative interest, we end up wasting time. Same way, think long term as real estate has low volatility.

The real estate direction will be aligned with economical changes and lagging with stock market changes.

1 Like

You are right, we talked to the LA and there were no bidders after they reduced the price. Definitely lower than 1.795M. Good lot size though and decent rooms. But show horrible with all the furniture.

Jury is out. 2.01M on this one.

Plenty of choices, 20 houses on the market in the homestead high school area

Colby avenue home sold for 1.975M.

Didn’t you glad you didn’t bid on it? Sold for 1.75M.

Jil,

Any comment?

As expected, it is not going high, mainly for traffic road issue.

I thought the one on Colby Ave in Cupertino can break 2m. :slight_frown:

IMO Sunnyvale 94087 is relatively expensive. It’s roughly 2M. You can just break into other neighborhoods that top out much higher for a few hundred thousand more.

2 Likes

Any chances of slow down in Sunnyvale, Cupertino this summer ? Inventory still seems pretty low.

As Nasdaq keeps on making new highs, I guess maybe not?

Spring is usually crazier than summer so was wondering if its getting less heated as summer approaches. Also nobody talked about crazy bids in this area for a while :slight_smile: Is anyone still shopping in this area from this forum ?

Been trying to buy something as I am in a 1031. Already sold my downleg. There is nothing worth getting right now. Any offer I make on anything that seems i can swing cashflow to breakeven gets outbid :dizzy_face: Too much liquidity in the bay area

How much time do you have left in the window? Are you happy with the intermediary you are using? Did you consider doing a reverse 1031 exchange, where you buy first then sell? Any info you can provide would be really helpful as I am thinking I will be 1031ing soon too. Thanks!

First time doing a 1031 (and have about 40 days left on the identification phase). Doing a deferred exchange just because of how the sale of my property came about. so i never looked into the reverse exchange. So far I have been happy with my intermediary. Very responsive, did everything via email except the initial call, and they scrambled to pull everything together in 24hrs to open the exchange when the buyer pulled forward the close significantly. Will let you know once i get my upleg if the that side goes as well as the downleg. If you want their name, I can send it to you offline (not sure what the forum guidelines are on posting names)

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! I am assuming the intermediary is just a company correct? There is no rule against giving positive feedback on anything here, since it is always YMMV anyway right? I am rooting for you to find something you like and want in the exchange property instead of having to settle due to the clock ticking down…