Price Estimates - Palo Alto edition

The one on University should go for around 6.7. Homes in that area are nice and so darn close to downtown area for walking.

02/15/18 Listed for sale $4,998,000
02/09/17 Listed for sale $7,498,000
05/31/16 Listed for sale $7,898,000
12/19/14 Listed for sale $6,000,000
05/22/14 Sold $3,380,000

This is the history for listing.

1 Like

Palo Alto:
School: Good to Excellent. Test scores are not as high as Cupertino.
Housing: Mixed. Some very old homes, mid-century modern, mansions. Prices are in the stratosphere. $2M-$3M for tear down.
Neighborhood: Hard to describe. I like Palo Alto feel more than Cupertino, West SJ, Sunnyvale. Feels (and it is) older town. Though it doesnā€™t look like upscale, and looks do not match the house prices.
Location: Great location. Opposite traffic if commuting south to San Jose, Sunnyvale, Cupertino. And possible to commute up to peninsula.

35%20PM

Compared to other areas, crime in this area does not seem bad. I suppose theft is any theft ie stealing packages, etc. I like to avoid areas of murder, burglaries, assaults, and arson. Certainly, prefer avoiding all crimes, but that means more than anything living in some isolated places or heavily gated areas. Closer to towns will bring more transients and petty thefts, assaults, etc unfortunately.

https://spotcrime.com/ca/palo+alto

Crime is always overrated. I used in live in a rough patch of Concord. I left my door unlocked all the time and there was never any theft. The worst I experienced was when my neighbors got into a fight and one threw a rock at the others car. The rock bounced off and hit my car too and damaged the mirror. :laughing:

Took a closer look. It looks like those are 8ā€™ ceilings. If true, itā€™s probably not going to hit 6. Itā€™s big, and the lot is big so you never know.

Hidden gems, if you are looking for something that will move up the desirability bracket, look in MP. You are probably already too late though.

@manch, you like eichlers, just look at Fairmeadows. Itā€™s promising. It has cheaper pricing due to some single overlay rules.

Best part, Old PA takes the cake. There was that project on Churchill that was posted here. Best part of Old PA, look at the area right around Santa Rita and Waverley. Itā€™s the neighbors, street layout, and lot sizes. If you like being around families, Community Center is really attractive.

1 Like

Old PA, I missed you so! I used to drive here to work everyday. :hugs:

Well at least you have dual income and can qualify for a much bigger mortgage and have more selections, versus someone with single W2 income and limited qualification due to existing mortgage.

That sounded bitter and regretful. Poor girlā€¦ :nauseated_face:

Iā€™m not regretful at all. The only thing I am bitter about is the bank I was working with back then gave me false info. I couldā€™ve bought a multi-fam instead and bought my second property much quickerā€¦

East Bay welcomes you with open armsā€¦ :wink:

Yes that seems to be the only option if I want SFH (and certain parts of SJ or DC). I am looking into townhomes too.

Or you can get married :couple: and double your buying power.

Sometimes buying a townhome is better than SFH. Some guy sold his townhome in Cupertino and bought a house in Evergreen back in 2007. 10 years later the townhome he sold doubled in value while the SFH is at a standstill :scream:

He got upset and bought a SFH in Saratoga last year at top dollars as compensation for his ā€œmistakeā€ā€¦ :laughing:

Thatā€™s a @sfdragonboy-esque statementā€¦ he thinks thereā€™s something wrong with people being singleā€¦ :laughing:

Thatā€™s the wrong mind set to get married. I am not gonna sell my soul just to buy some housesā€¦

Yes location is extremely important, thatā€™s why Iā€™m not excluding townhomes :slight_smile:

No. Youā€™d probably need to sell your body too. Double whammy. :smile:

Just look at it as a transaction rather than from a moral/ethical/evolutionary standpoint. Will make the decision much easier.

Oops now even I sound like @sfdragonboyā€¦ :rofl:

Umā€¦ youā€™re not making it easier on herā€¦ :laughing:

ē•«å…¬ä»”唔駛ē•«å‡ŗč…ø :slight_smile:

2 Likes