Proposed immigration point system

I don’t see it impacting the Bay Area much. It would clearly target IT outsourcing firms.

It is actually following both Canada and Australia immigration point system. Trump/Rep proposal is far better than current.

The job offer metric will entice the applicants to move to high COL areas, which will lead to more demand for the local RE.

I read it somewhere they would also lower the number of immigrants overall? I don’t mind merit based immigration system, but Canada gives points for people with family ties. I don’t think we should totally cut off family based immigration.

It would take care of those old immigrants coming to the US, and applying to SS benefits immediately they get their citizenship without even knowing how to say good morning in English. That is your grandma and grandpa. It also would send those non English speakers to the ESL school because I know tons of people with the English skills of a Kindergarten kid becoming citizens. I hope they really test those immigrants when they try to become citizens, I really laugh to see them calling themselves Americans when they can’t speak the English language. Start there, no English? Out of here! Oh, sorry, that would deport the sitting president. My bad.

The US needs more people that what it has today. We are out numbered by our enemies and we are aging big time. The problem is that we as a country are carrying the load of the weight of those red states aka red necks never achieving the American dream because they are used to the welfare handout from the system.

They are the conservative people that accuse others of being welfare recipients. They need to step up to the plate. They need to take the agricultural jobs, and the low skill jobs, but for that, we need to keep dreaming they will.

Meanwhile, I heard, 160,000 low skill immigrants got their visas to work in the agricultural industry. Merit? What is that chit? You mean “merit” to make the boss richer? OK…