Redfin is a failure, never got more than 3% of market even in Seattle

R2D2 is far smarter than any RE agent I’ve ever met. My wife, who works in a CB office with 96 realtors would concur. She often comments on how strange and how full of themselves the realtors she deals with are.

Plus R2D2 has no ego and is programmed to tell only the truth.

1 Like

Perhaps, but surely these RE robots are only providing whatever info is inputted. Garbage in, garbage out. We have all had our share of human RE agents who frankly shouldn’t be at the open houses (they don’t know anything about the home, just filling in for the LA who is on a yacht somewhere) but I like to think they do provide some service of value. 5% worth is debatable…

Apparently, one of the founder was in the same high school non-profit program as I was. I think I’m going try to get connected with him.

Realtors at open houses are usually not the listing agent and they aren’t there to sell the house. They are there to gather leads.

I learned that from the predecessor to this blog on Redfin. And, my own experience combined with my wife’s new employment in a large RE brokerage only confirmed that.

In fairness, a listing agent that I couldn’t stand at an open house turned out to be the listing agent for the house I am typing this from. And then became my wife’s boss.

He still drives me nuts. But that’s another story. He has a good heart. He just has a hard head. :smile:

1 Like

I am sure you have been around here to know of Mr. Jason Chan whom I burn incense to, at his alter in my guest bedroom??? I fondly call him, “The Machine” because he sells sooooo many houses in the Sunset. He, is at the open houses… Success, is not a coincidence, but a byproduct of hard work. If I become an agent one day I would be at the open houses. Why? Because just like Planet Manch (here) I like to chit chat with real, human beings. Yes, the fact that I won’t show up to a holiday shin-dig is for another thread and time… but you get my gist, you get into RE or any endeavor/hobby hopefully because you love it and not just because of the paycheck that is involved…

Glenn is a croc

1 Like

What’s up with all these jaguar videos? They are pretty amazing I must say…

What? I prefer videos with “cougars” devouring young men…(Shallow Friday…)

I just love the image taking a bite out of a croc of shit…lol