Indices & ETFs

What about the “double bottom”?

1 Like

If it is wave C, correction over.
If it is 3 or 3.i, more pain.

84f3b27108653657d24c41a899ecbb1ab2d7d3cc_1_517x500

Tech is badly breaking down again. The thing that makes me skeptical of a double bottom is there’s not a single sector with a strong chart pattern. The market doesn’t go higher without 1-3 sectors leading it higher. This current mess is literally a mess. It’s not even sector rotation, because then you’d see which sectors people are rotating into. This is when it’s boring, and I just maintain my long-term stock positions and don’t make any option trades.

3 Likes

I think given the action today, the “double bottom” might not actually be a bottom… :frowning:

1 Like

Keep feeding them. :rofl:

Indexing is the best thing out there. They invest your money, you win. They lose, you stay put at 0. :wink:

Omitted one detail. Max for the year is capped which is usually less than the actual appreciation i.e. if they think it is going to appreciate 10% for the year, they would cap it at 5% so you only get max 5% appreciation for the year. My relationship manager tries to sell me this indexing product, I did a computation over 10 (or is it 20 years) based on their data, better off to just put your money into any index fund or ETF.

3 Likes

1 Like

See new annotation in blue.

manch,
Since you help me by asking tough question which force me to do more analysis, below is what I found,

2 Likes

Lets take opinions:

Monday is a good day, or not?

1 Like

I will tell you on Tuesday.

2 Likes

That is not fun.

1 Like

My point is not trying to predict. Just react.

1 Like

Hah. I am standing still and waiting to go back where i was :slight_smile:

It means market has not peaked i.e. there would be an uptrend wave 5 :grin:

It means, going forward, is a stock-picker market. No longer able to make money by picking any stocks & close both eyes.

Since the market has not peaked, you can at least buy VOO or SPY :slight_smile: if you don’t want to pick stocks like manch, to ride the remaining 1.5 years bull run.

No one can predict the future correctly, everything hindsight. This is your assumption market is not peaked, not mine ! It is all about individual comfort on dealing with stocks/market.

The S&P500 is 2650, How do you say it is reaching 2850 instead of 2450?

It is mandatory for everyone to invest in stocks exactly like real estate, dividends (rent) and appreciation (growth), using fundamentals. The more we know about the company, better we are and safe our investment.

If someone picks stock, without even seeing fundamentals, this is scary speculative picks, like tossing a coin head (buy) or tail (sell) . I have seen many times people falling into speculative trap. I myself caught by those traps often, then realized the mistake.

There are lot of well written proven books are there to guide us to grow.

If you were to invest in stocks exactly like RE, don’t go in and out of the market. Let your investment sit and ride the waves.

4 Likes