San Bruno Rocking The Overbids!

I get it that particular home is large but man over 1.5M??? See, you and I need to consider Millbrae now…

Thanks for the lifeline…me owe you one…:grinning:

1 Like

Yeah @sfdragonboy I agree this is probably the top end San Bruno price at the moment.

Curious who would bid for this home given the price overlap: do you want a nice home in the nice part of San Bruno vs. a lesser home in the less desirable part of Millbrae. Similar debate could also apply for $2M homes for higher-end Millbrae or San Mateo vs. lower-end Burlingame.

Well, if you have kids you may want to give the nod to Millbrae as opposed to San Bruno regardless of area as long as you can confirm that your kids go to Taylor and then Mills. I just need something reasonably sized for the 2 of us and the occasional mother or mother-inlaw perhaps coming one day to stay.

Aww you actually sound like a pretty decent guy @sfdragonboy. Good for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

san bruno elementary is pretty good, and i heard some neighbors their kid able to go to mills as well.
in regards of better part san bruno vs low end millbrae, i did pick s.b.
I do not want to live anywhere near el camino real. even burlingame. too much crime near busy street.

Except for his poor taste in Chinese food, dragon boy is a decent man. Hey, nobody is perfect.

4 Likes

Really, low end Millbrae is not as good as higher end San Bruno??? OMG, I give up!!! I will barricade myself in my Sunset home for the rest of my life. Just send the best Chinese food ever, from San Tung, to my house please!!!:grinning:

Personally, I would avoid the east side of El Camino in Millbrae. Granted, east Millbrae is better than east San Bruno (which is a definite avoid for me), but there are parts of east Millbrae that are still rather sketchy.

Agreed, we all vow to not buy east of El Camino in any city. The goal is the da hills!!!

1 Like

Yes!!! Why exile yourself to a lesser neighborhood when you are already enjoying much abundance from where you are. If you have to move, move to Burlingame. That’s the city nearest to SF that is actually better than Sunset, in my book.

The east side of Burlingame is very expensive, mostly north of 1.5M. I think SF Gate even says it’s one of the best values in the Bay?

Burlingame > Millbrae >> Sunset. Common knowledge.

Sunset >>>> Bayview. Common knowledge… :rofl:

People, stop spending my money (that I don’t have)…:slight_smile: The goal at least for me is to not overextend on another house when we already have a couple. We want to buy something just north of 1M, live there and if by chance love it then stay. Yes, the degree of property tax increase I am willing to take on is a factor and consideration.

2 Likes

Millbrae has better weather than San Bruno… $1m will get you a really nice waterfront house in Tahoe keys…$1.3m will get you 3500sf with 80’ of water front. Nixon said you have to think about dying when you turn 60…I decided to think about living…Sfdragonboy…you now have barely the life expectancy of a cat…Time to start living…The next 25 years will go by so fast you will wish you quit working sooner. .
Every year time speeds up…By the time you are 80 a year will feel like a week…

1 Like

No doubt but like @dioworld mentioned earlier not sure worth spending upwards of 500k more for that Millbrae address when we don’t care really about the schools.

Millbrae does sound much more attractive than San Bruno… can make some people like @manch neighborhood envy… :rofl: Come on, you deserve it… you only live once… :laughing:

For less than $1m you can live in Shoreview in San mateo…Walk to the beach… Great restaurants. .Can even have a waterfront house for $1.2m…Still the best value on the peninsula and great weather…

We passed on a house in San Mateo with its own private beach. To this day I still hear from my wife… Yes, we should have bought it.

1 Like

Still can