San Jose has nation’s highest share of co-borrowers on home loans

In what city do more than half of all homebuyers list co-borrowers on their mortgage documents? San Jose, where 50.9 percent of all buyers get financial assistance from family and friends in order to qualify for a home loan.

Among American cities, it’s the highest share of co-borrowers for home purchases, according to a new report. In other words, mom and dad — or a rich aunt and uncle — are helping the kids buy houses in Silicon Valley.

As Bay Area housing continues to escalate in price, San Jose buyers also make the largest median down payments in the U.S., according to the second-quarter report from Attom Data Solutions, which compiles nationwide property data.

2 Likes

Wait a sec, how come the Fab 7x7 is not up there (or is it)???

Never mind, read the rest of it Dragonboy…

So San Jose is the most expensive metro in US and fifth in the world. Followed by San Francisco. Nothing new here, moving on… :slight_smile:

San Jose > San Francisco ! :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

1 Like

Wait… what about your SF house??? Should have bought another one in San Jose instead… :rofl:

I am working to rectify the situation…

1 Like

How so??? Do share…

This article is misleading. Co-borrowers don’t necessarily mean help from family and friends, but maybe purchase as a married couple.

2 Likes

Exactly @harriet…hint, hint (time for me to earn my red envelope…)

But this article is suggesting half of the people bought without co-borrowers. Isn’t that great? :slight_smile:

But deep, deep inside, they are really, really unhappy…they run marathons and drink weird boba drinks to not only ease the pain but to make each day bearable…

Men in SF are no good. I am urging my niece to move down to South Bay. It’s where all the high performing men are.

1 Like

Boy, considering all the stories out of South Bay about men behaving badly one would think Uncle Fearless Leader would tell her to stay put. Keep in mind that probably a good chunk of those high performing men got that way because they stepped on others or have absolutely no social skills to save their lives. I’ll take someone who is humble, yet hungry and a go getter any day…

That’s it??? You really need to tell your niece to go up another notch here. Only men in Atherton are any good and high performing…

Where are they high performing? In the office or at home or in a party?

I’m trying to think materialistically like @manch always does, so when I say “high performing” I mean a high performing bank account…

1 Like

Gonna go down under to snorkel in the upcoming weeks…boy do I feel miserable :slight_smile:

You can run, err, snorkel…but you can’t hide…

You know, I’ve been running since I was in high school (was on the track and field team doing 800 meters). How else do you think I can burn down all those Chinese food and boba…:slightly_smiling_face:

Let’s see how you do when you get old and your metabolism slows down to a Muni streetcar crawl…

You are definitely doing the right thing by enjoying yourself while you are young. I am just suggesting that a companion at some point in your life might enhance it. Married people do live longer they say…