Santa Clara Rocking The Overbids!

That part I’m not sure about.

All employees register as LLC. Manch LLC. Marcus335 LLC. WilliamWu LLC.

Why we need to pay tax for any country?

The country makes common infrastructure (Like Military, road etc) for the Citizens to live and businesses to operate. The tax money is used to enable such infrastructure, maintain it.

If there is any income(Profit), country needs a share by levying a tax on citizens/corporate.

Here is the difference between corporate and individual.

Apple Ireland is separate Entity and Apple USA is separate Entity. Their individual revenue, profit is kept separately.

We can not have Jil Ireland and Jil USA.

If Jil is a citizen of Ireland and not having income from USA, Jil will not be taxed in USA.

If Jil is a citizen of Ireland and having income from USA, Jil will be taxed in USA income alone and his elsewhere income is not taxed.

If Jil is a citizen of USA and having income from Ireland, Jil will be taxed (say $XYZ) in Ireland government for the ireland income, but his income is added in USA for tax purposes and the tax comes to $ABC.

Then, USA subtracts his $XYZ from $ABC and Jil has to pay ($XYZ - $ABC) to IRS.

The simplified version of tax, complexity increases actually.

Here is the interesting story why he renounced US Citizenship (To avoid tax to IRS!)

The US became the world’s largest economy without an income tax. Income tax didn’t start until 1913 and was supposed to fund WWI. Originally, only 7% of people made enough to pay income tax. The next big increase was to fund WW2. Taxes collected went from less than 5% of GDP to their new average of 17.5% of GDP. Why did we need to maintain the increase after WW2 was over?

Some how before income tax we had schools, universities, roads, the transcontinental railroad, and a military.

1 Like

If there wasn’t any income tax I bet there was at least property tax. You want to collect money from people who have money and back then anyone with any real money owned land… I suppose you can say the same today… :smile:

1 Like

Tax came from American Civil war, but official from 1913.

The army before WW2 was tiny
. The military industrial complex took over after the war… We have been stuck with that legacy ever since and now We also have a huge entitlement program for every American that costs between them 90% of our budget … No cuts can be made without alienating most of the country

There were taxes before 1913 but income tax started then. Before that, income tax had been deemed against the constitution.

1 Like

In Mexico property tax is next to nothing…Why is it so high here? Plus state, fed, SS, medicare, sales tax, gas tax, excise tax, fees, licenses, fines, parking meters, tolls…can add it all up it is over 70% of your income…in fact retailers make less than the state income tax they collect…We are taxed to death and it all gets wasted on government pensions, salaries, regulations, bureaucracy, useless military hardware, welfare…once the money is taken from the wage earners hands, it is free money to be wasted by your favorite government agency…

Yet federal, state, and local governments all claim they don’t have enough tax revenue.

1 Like

Looks like I was close with my guess. :slight_smile: Still, a bit on the higher side. Guess we are still going up and up :smiley:

1 Like

I could have gotten this close to 1.2M off market. I need to be aggressive in this market. Would have had instant 70k equity lol. Getting beat almost every home I looked at. Comps are moving fast every 2-3 mos, and no seasonal slowdown around this time of the year, this concerns me.

I was not wrong. Just 3 months early. Guarantee that house would sell for 1.4+ come spring. :smile:

Watch the SOX index. If hardware companies like Intel and Nvidia stocks continue to be on fire you guys better hurry up.

1 Like

I had to do a double take on the list price! :scream::scream::scream::scream: Just a guess, but I don’t see any way they get near ask. If they get ask or more, I’m selling now :laughing:

2 Likes

WOW!!! I used to go to china stix for lunch. Didn’t know I was dining in a 3M neighborhood!!! That price is INSANE.

Pro tip: China Stix has an all-Chinese lunch special menu. You have to ask for the Chinese menu (in Cantonese or Mandarin) or else you get that American fried rice crap.

2 Likes

I’m embarrassed I didn’t know about the secret Chinese menu :sob:

1 Like

It was a 500k neighborhood back when I was shopping there in 2011. Didn’t get any back then. Missed the boat… :scream:

You know there are 2 different versions of “twice cooked pork”, right? The Chinese version is yummy. The American version is crap. I always tell waiters I want the Chinese version.

And I suppose all those years of Denny’s gourmet dining honed that ability to tell the difference between the Chinese and American versions???:slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that your wife leaves you to fend for yourself, are you feeding off Olive Garden or some crap like that? :smile:

1 Like