So hard to rent out in SV

So, was that 10% drop from a fairly high level though? You know the game, you get what you can at a given time and you hope it works out (with the tenant, appreciation, no idiot decides to change the tax laws, etc…). I honestly don’t believe you are/will be hurting around these parts. Yes, my focus is J O B S always so if we lose a lot of those all bets are off but I am not thinking that will happen so dramatically.

10% drop from last tenant’s rent. Not market rent. That is, rent had declined 10%! 1 month vacancy is damn good because they are not out-of-state, they need to give 1 month notice to their current landlords.

1 Like

Ok, whatever, but still decent??? Rent to mortgage/taxes/expenses?

Based on purchase price, not too bad :smile: but based on current market price of the property is bad, less than 2.5% gross yield which translates to cap rate of … didn’t compute :blush: I didn’t bother to assess the viability of my SV property because it is meant for my son, just temporarily rent it out… really don’t care about viability so long the tenants are those who would keep the place clean and “damage” free. My goal is to keep the house well maintained, really didn’t bother about other issues.

Like I said, you are too smart to be “hurting” or “losing” money when it comes to RE or stocks…

1 Like