Stock Market and Real Estate Return: A Comparison

Someone has reached his milestone. We don’t know the amount of that milestone

:joy:

I dont see it bittrex. May be binance has more coins and they add them quickly ?

Ok then we also need to see mortgage statements if any, so we can properly deduct the debt out of the net worth. So please provide that too, @hanera :wink:

Here’s tracking for my portfolio’s performance through mid-year 2018:

S&P 500: 1.7% gain
NASDAQ: 8.8% gain
My Stocks: 7.3% gain
My Real Estate: 5.3% gain
My Net Worth: 9.4% gain

Happy investing!!!

1 Like

25 now?

Yes. I found the fountain of youth. I’m 25 now.

1 Like

Do share the formula though

How come the title still says is 2016?
manch and tomato are giggling.

S&P 500: 1.7% gain
NASDAQ: 8.8% gain
AAPL: 9.6% gain
Net Worth: 6.7% gain

RE & index fund is dragging down performance.
Any1 young and in wealth growth mode should just buy F10 and not RE & index fund. The latter two are better than bonds and Treasuries but are painfully slow when compare with F10.

3 Likes

WB didn’t get rich buying RE.

1 Like

Yes. Now I am wondering why we’re in RE forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because we are mediocre.

1 Like

Real Estate is for bread and butter investors. Stocks are for gamblers.

I removed the year. Stop giggling :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Update?

No comment this year… :expressionless:

2 Likes

Year over year
S&P 500: -11.8%
NASDAQ: -3.9%
AAPL: -6.8%
Net Worth: -3.3%

Although RE has declined from the peak, still positive for the year. Thus reduce the impact of reduced stock portfolio worth. 2018 is the year of RE - RE is the better investment!!!

Now your turn.

5 Likes

Taxable account, I made it zero profit today (tax loss harvesting) 2018 tax purposes. Slight positive 1% to carry over next year. Retirement account, one positive stock side and one negative mutual fund side. Final is very slight positive less than 3%. All these positives are mainly putting back money on Dec 26th except mutual funds where I held without sale (mistake) to cash side. RE side too, almost all homes went down 50k to 100k level from peak by now - which I do not really account it as it is hard to really appraise.

2018 - year of learning, no major gains.

If you have 50/50 RE vs stocks, you would have a positive year because of AAPL.

For other people with high flying stocks, even a 50/50 can’t save it. But the last 9 years of stocks return would still match RE with 100-300% outperformance.

I guess that BA RE return and stock return would match from 2007 to 2018. However, you could 5x housing with 20% down; you would be lucky if you can 2x stocks confidently

RE: +10%
Stocks: -7%
NW: +15%

Thankful I am 80% RE but plan to keep moving toward stocks next year.

2 Likes