Stocks vs real estate

Meanwhile in the real world, RWC is white hot…Buying season has started…10 HOUSES have sold in 11 days…Two weeks ago there were only 8 houses on the market…Now 20 active…but at this rate they won’t stay on long…One house will sell for over $5m. 1003 Lakeview is coming to market soon…New records in RWC… $5m and houses selling for over $1000/sf…I left too soon…Appl over 120…let the good times roll…

2 Likes

I like real estate much better than stocks. I have more control and things are more steady. Like a good running game it just grinds forward. With stocks I have to watch what the crazy orangeman is doing.

Even the crazy orangeman wants to invest in SF…lol

1 Like

This type of comparison is a case of selective period to prove a point… influence one opinion. Upon Trumps got elected, the stock market tumbles. So should compare from before the election day. For example, AAPL is $108 on Nov 8 but was $118 a month before. Now is only $121.95, up only 3+%.

1 Like

Aapl has been going up since Buffet bought it

2 Likes

Not really, it dips initially. In any case, WB purchase have no impact on AAPL. AAPL has its own group of investors and traders which are different from those following WB. I guess some WB followers have followed him into AAPL but it also mean some growth investors have left AAPL too because of WB investment.

I predicted in 2012 that 2017 could be a down year…No evidence so far, except in the overbuilt SF condo market…Right now we have low inventory, low umemployment and stocks at near record highs…Only the orangeman can fuck this up, maybe by starting a war or something. .Otherwise it looks like I was too pessimistic in 2012

2 Likes

The Orangeman may well start a war to prop up his popularity, which is at record low for a new prez. That’s straight from the Putin playbook.

Market is extended. But everything will be fine. Price will hold and rise slowly🍊

Yes, there will be a crash after Trump or at the end of Trump 8 years tenure, but not at the beginning of his Presidency…

Hmmm, you do not account buffet magic, but it works…

Nov 8th was the shock and tumbles down like brexit. Both days fall, I bought lot and got benefited.

After that investors feel comfortable and confident of the economy, and gone up

On BREXIT day, I took some heavily fallen stocks to monitor. It was my research on that day evening and captured as a stock portfolio.

I named just BR(brexit)_2016_06_25_TLoss(Total loss)

It gives 47% ROI.

I still do not know what filters I applied and how I arrived these stocks.

Eisenhower was unpopular in the polls when elected, too.Yet his popularity went up…http://www.gallup.com/poll/116677/presidential-approval-ratings-gallup-historical-statistics-trends.aspx

1 Like

I track WB for a while and realize his influence is minimal and some of this buys don’t make sense and in fact he lost quite a bit of money. So he is as good as you and me or we are not that bad. Since then, I can’t be bother about him. Of course, I love to quote some of his sayings because they are catchy, many people understood them, and many folks follow him.

1 Like

There was the gold standard in 1929. With paper money printing, 1929 will not likely happen again.

Our future is bright and sunny. Live with your confidence, not fear for unfounded rhetoric.

I am not expecting repeat of 1929 or 2008, but there is a chance to economical down turn near the end of Trump. Except Trump became president, no major changes, but stocks jumped 20% and DOW hit 20000. Stocks should not go crazy, but it is going like that. I am not pessimistic about economy.

Great for the school, but this is one of the reasons why I say the stock market is rigged. Could any average joe had gotten in on this (initial offering)? No.

http://www.sfgate.com/business/technology/article/California-high-school-makes-24-million-from-10974091.php

Who was the last president that didn’t have a conflict/war with another country?

1 Like

I would prefer real estate if I had the money, but to me, RE sucks. I can’t be baby sitting a thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

The last time we were into a real war was in the second world war. The rest are soft interventions in internal affairs of other countries.

Lowest unemployment since 1970 in terms of new unemployment applications …under 300k for years now

1 Like