SV really has become a leftists echo chamber

Well you are off the hook now…Just say Happy New Year!!!

Based on which calendar?

Happy things, everyone.

So much for freedom of speech :rofl:

You are one of the few educated ones that understand that in the month of December there’s a celebration for more than one religion.

That’s why it is better, if you see somebody with a huge bundle of hair and a turban on his head to say happy holidays since he may be a Sikh, or, as some idiots misrepresent them as a Taliban, or an ISIS member. I think there was an incident many years ago when one of the Sikh community member was attacked for being “Taliban”. You know, one of those gun second amendment guys.

I see Chinese people spending more $ celebrating the Chinese year than Christmas. I got more than one neighbor here that share that tradition as a proof.

Putting back Christ back in christians

1 Like
1 Like

Only 28% of the people prefer “Happy Holidays” but their voice is dominant. Elitists prefer “Happy Holidays” and they wanted to force their preference over the majority population, but got a rejection and Trump used this rejection to become your Christmas president.

Democrats should blame the elite passionate happy holidays lovers.

1 Like

When you say liberals forced people to say happy holidays what kind of force are we talking about? Do they point guns at you? How exactly do they force you?

Now if I am Jewish or Muslim or atheist and I don’t celebrate Christmas. Am I forced to say merry Christmas now because of trump?

Who makes a big deal out of this anyway? What for? Be a real Christian and just let people be happy.

1 Like

Liberal’s force on Christmas is by guidelines, media, classes etc. Here is one form of liberal Christmas force.

People should feel free to say Merry Christmas and happy some holiday. A systematically designed culture mutation will backfire always.

What’s the reason to avoid any images with skin?

"Staff at a Government department have been urged to avoid writing the words “Merry Christmas” in seasonal email greetings to avoid upsetting anyone.

Instead, employees at the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) have reportedly been advised to stick to the more neutral term “Seasons Greetings”.

In a memo circulated around the department, recipients were also warned that images on their e-cards should not feature skin, according to The Sun."

Corporations and the government capitulation to atheists and Jewish law suits forced the Happy Holiday movement 30 years ago… time to ignore that pressure. Besides even the plaintiffs realize their plan was a mistake. It was attack on Americanness not religion…

Christmas carols, it’s a wonderful life, a Christmas story shopping, Christmas trees is America. Not just Christianity

If you work for a company you can’t say anything you want. Is that news? You can say merry Christmas happy hannukah all you want off work.

Some companies even “force” you to wear company uniforms at work!! How dare they!!

So are you denying or confirming the liberals war on Christmas? Government is not a private corporation at least?

If a corporation is attacking “Merry Christmas”, will it also attack happy Chinese New Year? Actually I think the attack on Chinese New Year already started

Happy holidays is not an attack on anything. There are more than one holiday in December do you realize?

We also have this thing called separation of church and state. Government is not supposed to get behind any one religion. The easiest solution is to not back any particular one.

Chinese new year is not a religious holiday. Actually the technically correct term is lunar new year because the Koreans and the Vietnamese also celebrate it. Now you may frame it as a war on CNY. Why do conservatives love culture wars so much? In fact why are they always angry? Where is their Christmas joy?

2 Likes

Happy Holidays is an an attack on American culture. It legitimatizes the Balkanization of our country. Started with Kwanzaa as a black power assault on white America has helped lead to the decentegration of our society.

My impression is that conservatives are happier than liberals. Liberals love cultural wars a lot and seems unhappy with many things all the time. Is there a happiness measurement study on liberals and conservatives?

If the liberals are happy, why do they want to prevent people from saying Merry Christmas? I think unhappiness is the deepest motivation for liberal extremism

1 Like

I think you misspelt multiculturalism. We’re not in Kansas anymore.

1 Like

I am pretty happy. May you have a happy Hanukkah and marvelous Kwanzaa. Share the joy!

1 Like

Kwanzaa is a fake holiday and all Jews I know say Merry Christmas. America needs fabric to keep us together. Christmas Thanksgiving Memorial Day Fourth of July. Standing for the flag… Celebration of America is important even if you want to celebrate your own holidays too…

2 Likes

Jane, first of all I’m not offended by greetings. “Happy Holidays” though sounds so sanitized, formal, and robotic that it does not really mean anything.

Wishing Christmad/Eid/Diwali/Hanukkah does not really hurt anyone regardless of their religion. Liberals are warriors without cause in this case. Whom are they protecting by not saying Merry Christmas?

World would be much better place if we cared for how we treated others rather than inventing new forms of greetings.

For fake empathy and inclusiveness, we can always go to Hollywood - both on and off screen!

1 Like

Where I came from, I had friends from different religions, and we celebrated Eid, Easter, Christmas - I didn’t have any jewish friend back then, but i wouldn’t expect it to be different.

Happy holidays to me is very very artificial. Doesn’t convey the real meaning. Why would i celebrate a holiday, and not a paid-time-off? What’s the meaning behind holiday? It’s all hidden and vague.

Christmas is an American holiday…I am an athetist…not religious…But America needs our Americaness as to define who we are…Christmas is the best part of America…like Vegas…loud generous over the top, wasteful gluttony and greed…relax and enjoy it…

1 Like