Tenants Seeking 14M Damage from Landlord

We share the same sentiments. At the back of my mind, maximize profitability and cap rate/cash flow is secondary to safety of my principal/ house :slight_smile: and myself :rofl: Main reason why I avoid multi-family, prefer SFH, prefer family with kids.

2 Likes

Uh oh. Don’t let the multifam police sees this. :smile:

2 Likes

There is no such thing as illegal units.

Only undocumented ones.

1 Like

Time for amnesty for unpermtted units

That’s an interesting idea. SF never provided amnesty for unpermitted units, but Daly City did.

Daly City isn’t run by progressive communists

I think they should (1) remove rent control for houses with in-law units, it becomes an exception like a single family (2) require the in-law unit be made legal at expense of homeowner with some amount of city assistance available OR removed at expense of homeowner plus some relocation amount paid by owner to tenant and city (perhaps 20K each.)

If sf really needs the units it could use funds to shift landlords towards making the units legal rather than destroy them. Removing the rent control will make it more worthwhile for landlords long term to keep the extra units.

1 Like

Causta Hawkins state regulation makes new housing exemp from rent control. It makes perfect sense to make the newly legalized units exempt from rent control.

1 Like