Tesla Bombed. Anyone Buying?

I will bet a dragon beaux dim sum lunch with anyone crazy enough to think Tesla will reach 650B market cap in 5 years.

It. Won’t. Happen.

2 Likes

fake dim sum?

1 Like

Fancy dim sum @harriet recommended.

10 years … I thought?
But anyways, 10 years 650 B also sounds sounds like a dream…

Current market cap is $57B.
5 years to $650B? approxly 11.5x!
Any megacaps manage to do that?
AMZN moves from $260 to $1378, about 5.3x over 5 years.
Hey, be sincere with your bet. A fair bet is one where outcome should be possible.

3 Likes

How about 10 years, same term as musk? Hopefully we will still be around.

While computing the odds, I realize is a stinky bet.
You can hedge by buying 1 TSLA. If it does appreciate more than 11.5x, you can well afford a dim sum lunch.
However the counter party can’t hedge!

1 Like

Unlike an internet based business, this business(EV) requires lot of capital investment which requires lots of both time and money (especially for a new company).

2 Likes

I can promise the better I won’t buy any Tesla stocks. :wink:

I have been wrong about Tesla so far. Maybe it can indeed go 10x? I can’t see how but who cares what I think anyway. Market does what market does.

Come on Yoda! You need to get out of your fortress once in a while and eat some real dim sum.

1 Like

:+1:

I want one

2 Likes

I hear he’s back with Amber Heard. Losing patience with Musk and Tesla. Too much of a celebrity type. Thinking about dumping Tesla.

3 Likes

Losing patience is always a bad omen as an investor.

I’m normally a buy and hold long term type, but Tesla is beginning to give me doubts. I can sell now and always buy again. There are better returns elsewhere.

2 Likes

What price did you buy it at?

$241 - it’s my laggard.

I bought it at $35 - It’s my winner.

GM’s PE is less than 6, with 3.7% yield. It’s doing well in EV and actually leads in autonomous vehicles. They are also trying to pull off a robotaxi fleet ala Uber of the future.

I am thinking of buying GM instead of Tesla. Its CEO is a woman. 10x better than a parttime playboy.

4 Likes

Tesla sent another notice that our 2 model 3 delivery will further be delay ( and did not say when). By around June, if there is no model 3, I will buy another bolt as my leaf lease ends.

When I resume buying stock, I would definitely choose GM.

2 Likes