The New "We Don't Care" Health Insurance Program

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

3 Likes

[quote=“marcus335, post:20, topic:1822, full:true”]
Who’s more entitled to an executive’s income? The exec earning it or tax payers that feel entitled to it? I’ll vote for the person that earns the money.

The answer is neither. It is the stockholders who own the company who are more entitled to it. If you asked the stockholders of Valeant Pharmaceuticals whether they wanted to pay their CEO 143 million a year or have the company pay him a reasonable amount and declare a special dividend what would they vote for? Somehow the real owners of the company are never heard from.

2 Likes

That’s their fault as shareholders. I’m pretty sure if companies could hire top CEOs at much lower pay, they would. The pool of talent at that level is very small. Also, how much of that comp was stock based?

1 Like

The shadow government, the big brother is becoming a reality…

Swamp denizens, including health care lobbyists hired by HHS Secretary Tom Price

Alexandra Campau, hired at the department of Health and Human Services, was formerly a lobbyist in Washington for the law firm Cozen O’Connor. According to disclosure records, her firm’s clients included a licensee of insurance giant Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Fresenius Medical Care, a German company that specializes in medical supplies for renal dialysis.

Timothy Clark, a senior adviser to HHS Secretary Tom Price, ran his own political consulting firm in California. His past clients included PhRMA, the powerful trade group that represents the pharmaceutical industry.

Keagan Lenihan, also a senior adviser to Price, was a director of government relations at McKesson Specialty Health, a firm that supports independent health providers. Disclosure records show Lenihan directly lobbied HHS. For Lenihan, the new post represents a return trip through the revolving door between government and the private sector, and a reunion with an old boss. Before registering as a lobbyist, she was a senior legislative assistant for Price, when the now-HHS secretary was in Congress.

Asked about the three HHS staffers, an agency spokeswoman said: “We are not confirming or commenting on personnel at this time.”

Anybody with a pea of a brain, specially the so called republicans would know that the law of numbers apply to any insurance service or benefit. The pool of healthy contributors into the system pay for the sick ones.

We are witnessing the dumbfounding of America

Obamacare is in a death spiral since only the very poor who get Medicaid and sick signed up. They healthy people without insurance didn’t signup. They just pay the fine. So it didn’t spread the risk.

1 Like

Not to mention - pre-existing conditions were dealt with as part of HIPAA way back in 1997. And in a way that didn’t allow people to game the system.

I just know that when I say something, at least I have some little, tiny knowledge of what I am talking about…like health insurance premiums based on age…:triumph:

2 Likes

You just proved my point. Your age doesn’t matter. Anyone can buy bronze, silver, or gold.

Don’t play with…what? Semantics? You know what I am talking about.

Whatever…still a ripoff…BTW the fine is now $13k

1 Like

Age, age, age…oh boy!

The Republican-backed American Health Care Act would be totally devastating to older Americans who rely on the individual market for insurance, according to an analysis by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

The bill does bring down overall premiums in the individual market by about 10 percent by 2026 compared with what they would be under current law, the CBO found. But the CBO includes a big caveat: This would greatly differ based on age and income.

The CBO offers an example of a single individual with an annual income of $26,500.

If that person is 21 years old, he’ll largely benefit from the Republican health care bill. Under the Affordable Care Act (also known as Obamacare), he would on average pay $1,700 in premiums for insurance. Under the Republican plan, he would pay $1,450.

But if that person is 64 years old, he would be hurt by the Republican bill. Under Obamacare, he would also pay $1,700 in premiums for insurance. But under the Republican bill, he would pay $14,600 — more than half his annual income. That amounts to more than a 750 percent increase in premiums from Obamacare to the Republican bill.

A 64-year-old who’s making $68,200 a year would fare a bit better. Under Obamacare, he’s expected to pay $15,300 in premiums for insurance — because his income would be too high to receive the law’s tax credits. But under the Republican bill, everyone below $75,000 gets a tax credit based on age (with a phaseout for higher incomes). So he would get a subsidy that would reduce his premium to $14,600 — just barely enough to be lower than it would be under Obamacare.

It’s a big uproar over something that won’t impact 90% of people. Literally, less than 10% of people in every state except Florida buy their own healthcare. It varies from state-to-state:

37-61% are covered by an employer plan
3-10% buy coverage
10-29% have Medicaid
9-19% have Medicare

The rest have “other public” or are uninsured.

Employers no longer will be forced to pay for their employees health plan. 120+ million people depend on it. It will be a massacre of unintended consequences.

Read so you can get entertained by reality:

More than once Fortenberry’s answer was “I don’t know”, but on this question the congressman was especially vague. He would only say that whether he voted for it or not, the GOP proposal would be changed by the Senate. This and other attempts to placate the crowd fell flat, especially when Fortenberry stated that he agreed with all our concerns and that the GOP health care plan would address them all adequately.

No one appeared to believe him, and they weren’t at all quiet about it.

But several questions got standing ovations. These included, “Why can’t we just have single payer?”, “Why must we de-fund Planned Parenthood?”, “Why did you vote for the mentally ill to have guns?” and “You have 5 daughters of your own. Would you leave them in the same room with your president?” <------------------:stuck_out_tongue:

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2017/3/13/1643073/-Know-What-Makes-Nebraskans-Confrontational-Threaten-to-Take-Away-Their-Obamacare

Do you realize that before ACA employers weren’t forced to pay for healthcare? Yet, most people got healthcare from their employer. People love to create sensational headlines to get clicks and sell ads on their website. People love to react emotionally to the headlines without thinking or applying any logic.

If you want to talk planned parenthood, then be informed about it. What percent of people use it per year? How many clinics offer prenatal services? It’s really nothing more than the left’s way of trying to keep the poor from reproducing. That’s why former employees discuss their “sales quotes” for procedures including abortions. I agree poor people should have less kids, because they can’t afford to raise them. However, let’s be honest about what PP is and not pretend it serves some noble purpose.

Did you actually read more than the headline about allowing the mentally ill to have guns?

I read every day incidents where mentally ill people kill or are killed. Any idiot supporting them being armed is that, an idiot.

Nice try!

This topic is about the crappy killing death panels from Twhitler.

National Economic Outlook - March 2017

March 15, 2017
					By: Ingo Winzer 						

We like to measure the growth of the economy in terms of jobs - rather than Gross Domestic Product, for example - because jobs translate directly into demand for housing. For some time now it's been clear that the economy is not creating the kinds of jobs it used to. A third of the new jobs created in the past two years are in restaurants, social services and retail stores, where pay is less than half the national average of about $50,000. At the other end, only ten percent of new jobs (mainly finance and  computer related) are in businesses where pay is close to $100,000.

Clearly, the former jobs encourage renting, while the latter spur home buying. Going forward, we'll more closely monitor the growth of low-end and high-end jobs.

As mentioned last month, we believe that the economy will be growing at a slower rate over the next few years. Because of the low level of home construction over the past decade, demand will nonetheless outstrip supply, pushing prices and rents up, but not in all markets. Higher interest rates will cut demand somewhat by increasing the cost of mortgages and decreasing the appeal of rental investments. This is not a danger point, but closer attention to the dynamics in individual markets is a good idea.

Jobs in February were up 1.7 over last year - flat in manufacturing, up 3.5 percent in construction, 1 percent in retail, 2.3 percent in finance, 3 percent in business services, 2.4 percent in healthcare, 2.3 percent at restaurants, and 1 percent in government.

Jobs in truck transport were up 1.3 percent - better; and temp jobs were up 3.2 percent - good.  

Low-end jobs (restaurants, social services, retail) increased 472,000; high-end jobs (finance and insurance, information, computer services) increased 210,000.

The new scheme of things in this crappy Trumpcare. The individual mandate is hidden.

It removes the individual mandate that forces you to buy insurance, but it is going to FINE you more if you are uninsured for more than 90 days".

Just to add:
What the hell? So, it will allow those who are not buying health insurance to be in that spot without any reprisals. Why not make everybody abandon their health plans a month before Trumpcare takes effect?
That will show the insurance industry they can’t survive without the majority pitching in.

Same crap. Either you push everybody to get into a healthcare plan, or you punish them later with 30% more in their premiums. I rather have millions of Americans participating by mandate, than a few waiting to be sick in order to be punished by the 30% increase.

It’s the law of numbers “I can’t say the word”!

A retuglican, I can’t support this crap!:stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.cotton.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=642