The Sunset Rocking The Overbids!

Jason “The Machine” Chan is the LA again…

Ok, if one had 200K more, worth it more to buy this one instead, a 4/4? This one is what, a block or so farther way from yours and the bus. Bigger, open floor plan, which I think is arguably not necessarily better (when comparing to yours). Some separation from the kitchen I think is desirable. You have the center patio which sounds like this one took out and used internally. This one obviously cheaper per sq ft. Which is the better one?

That’s really interesting, from the outside they look almost identical. For 200k extra, I think your one is much better value. Both have same lot sizes too.

But layout wise, I like yours for the separation between living spaces. The detail of the entryways between rooms and even the center patio. I don’t necessarily want to see someone actually say cooking in the kitchen if I am in the living room.

I think spending $150k will transform house 1 to the same as house 2. So actually it is more value to buy house 1 instead of 2, since 2 costs $200k more.

For 150k could you add 900 or so additional square footage to make it similar size? Or you mean just to improve inside the house?

Remember, house 1 already has unwarranted inlaw downstairs. One just have to legitimize that by permitting it with the city. Also add an extra room down. Totally feasible for a $150k budget.

If all things are equal, taking on a construction project for 50k? No thank you.

Shoot, I hear 50K nearly doesn’t go as far as back in the day. I was astounded to hear that a friend’s inlaw unit costed her more like 90-100K. And, she supposedly checked around.

Come on, every penny counts! And think about the extra $2000 in savings every year when property tax hits :slight_smile:

Not impressed. Doesn’t seem to have even a dishwasher and the bedroom downstairs doesn’t have a door!

I think that is the point though, that an outer Sunset home, with the original kitchen (so no dishwasher) and tiled bathroom and no separate inlaw is going for 1.4M. You should be impressed by the selling price!!! Think about it, if this goes for 1.4M, what do you think your Rousseau paradise would go for??? Zillions!!!

1 Like

Totally agree

1 Like

Hey @newaccount, are you also a resident/owner in the Sunset? I am assuming so, since the interest…

Haha, yes I am.

I find all your chats really interesting with great commentary and analysis.

Are you all mostly involved in real estate locally?

Ok, not to pry but just an individual owner living here or a landlord???

Since we can not speak for the silent, we are mostly Bay Area with a heavy dose in SV and outposts in Seattle, South Lake Tahoe, and San Diego perhaps.

If you can freaking figure out where our Creator, @manch resides, I owe you an order of chicken wings from San Tung…

Welcome aboard!!!

Absolutely. Bay Area is the only place I’m investing in real estate. At least for now.

I would say 99% manch lives in Bayview, because he would not be hiding it if it was something less shocking…

Why not buy some rentals? It’ll be fun!