The Sunset Rocking The Overbids!

Turn them into grow rooms…Add some tropicals plants…Create liitle Jean Quan oasises…lol

1 Like

Oh, you had to pull out the Jean Quan card…wow, and I thought we were buds (oh, no pun intended)…:grinning:

If everyone starts doing this in the Sunset then I’m going to convert my entire residence into a tropical plant greenhouse! More profitable than being a landlord!

Every ski resort has a Jerry Garcia pot cave…Now every tunnel house can have a Jean Quan memorial room…:smile:

Whoever came up with the notion of ranked voting ought to be shot at dawn…

Ranked as in rank…Maybe they will rethink it…I think we should have Quadratic voting.

My friends son invented it…
http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2015/01/my-thoughts-on-quadratic-voting-and-politics-as-education.html

God, must we fire up that electoral college thread again???

Geez, def not deploying the low pricing strategy on this one…

Yes, they are trying to sell at asking hoping for more, but could end up with less…

But it needs work!!! This one could sit a spell, like that one I told you tried to increase the pricing to 1.69M…not moving

Um… don’t know about that. I think they are gambling on a hot market taking care of them. We’ll see how it goes :slight_smile:

Yes, big but if this goes for 1.7M I am jumping for joy!!!

Why? It’s not your house. Just because your neighbor sells for a fortune doesn’t mean you will…

Noooo, but everything is relative and my house is def better than this!!! Haven’t you noticed that the extra nice ones are the ones that everyone and their mother are pushing in all of the chips on??? Seriously. The mere fact that this is closing to a month now without selling says volumes…

I think this one might end up selling for $1.6M…

We’ll see right? All I know is, it was stupid to raise the list price from 1.49M. That, to me was already too high and you raise it? Geez, sounds like an Outer Mission house that I blasted for the longest time (which by the way is still pending…)

They are raising the price to indicate that’s the price they would like to sell it at. They are sick of people trying to make offers at or below the listing price.

Fine, hope you love your house because you’re keeping it…

Proper price listing is very key, yet some owners don’t get it. I am sure their agent is saying no, no, no but what can they do, they want the listing right? You don’t see Jason having any issues with homes dying on the vine like this one. It’s a game. Play it right, you win. Play it wrong…

I have yet to see a home that seemed to get punished for underpricing. On the buy side, takes some comp research, but it’s not that hard to differentiate the house listed at $899k that is going to sell for 1.1x million and the house listed at $899k that could even top 1.5 million.

Overprice and you risk not pending after 1-2 weekends, and in this market buyers assume there must be something wrong with a place if it doesn’t have a winning bid within that 1-2 week window! Often overpricing is not the only problem though. You would think there is an arbitrage opportunity when looking at overpriced places with high days on market, but all we have run into here is houses with major unchangeable problems or owners stuck on a price that the market won’t bear.

1 Like

Agreed, too many locked in buyers in the marketplace to “allow” an underpriced home go for that. It is just not like before, when little info was available to the public. Who doesn’t get the alerts immediately when a home in their target neighborhood goes online for the first time? Now, you can reasonably comp a home yourself before you set one foot in the door to check it out.