The Sunset Rocking The Overbids!

Outer Sunset is def not cheap anymore!!!

1250/sqft

Wow, is that really right? So, the 900 is without the downstairs space correct (since it is probably not legal)???

Normally they include everything in the sqft count, donā€™t they?

Description says ā€œDownstairs, you will find a handy bonus roomā€

Well, I am only speculating since the upstairs ā€œlooksā€ like 900 sq ft. If you include the bottom, shouldnā€™t that be over 900 sq ft? I donā€™t knowā€¦ still impressive pricing

Wow, junior 5 with the supposedly poor designed tunnel entrance goes for $1200/sq ft!!!

Yeah, Sunset is horribleā€¦

2 Likes

This one sold low, probably due to proximity to 19th ave

Which is my theory about those tweener avenues near 19th. Too much traffic and cars wheezing by all the timeā€¦

How is 1.66 considered low? Also, it was sold for only 1.1 two years ago. A big jump already in 2 years. Was a fixer back then but stillā€¦

Well house is fairly large (4/3 and nearly 2.4k sq ft)ā€¦

This one also on 18th. Same sqft but sold for 1.9M. So I donā€™t think itā€™s due to locationā€¦

Alrighty, another $1k/sq ft sold in the dead Central Sunset!!! And, double dipping broker of course!!!

How come a fixer upper like that got sold for so much? :slight_smile:

Well, it is a reverse plan home, so nice view of the ocean in the back (bedrooms up front, though). And, you have the unwarranted extra space on the ground floor. Proximity to Safeway and Cheung Hing a mere 2 blocks away, and voilaā€¦1.2M for what appears to be a fixer.

Reverse plan is actually a negative. Many people donā€™t like it. This is a true fixer upper, not just ā€œappearedā€ to be one. Itā€™s high price reflects that home values in sunset have gone up another notch.

This may be one of those projects my broker neighbor mentioned. A house flipper will think they can throw in maybe a few hundred grand, doll it up and try to sell it for nearly 2M. I know, crazy, and quite a gamble.

Actually I love reverse plan homes in the Sunset. That, and a extra long or wide driveway would be the things I would want totally.

Yes, a fixer, and a nice tunnel entrance for the nice separate inlaw that will be rented out no doubtā€¦

1 Like

Are you not superstitious? My feng shui broker said reversed plan homes lead to divorce.

Reverse plan is nice but 1075 SF, short house so itā€™s limited

Ok, so why the crazy buy, @wuqijun and @Esfgiants at 1.2M??? This needs plenty of work still.

Because thatā€™s the price now even for a fixer. Mininum 1.2M. A nicely fixed up property can go for 1.4-1.5M.