The Sunset Rocking The Overbids!

Geez, there are soooo many Sunset homes coming onto the market as we speak… Are people sensing the top is near??? Maybe…

We just bought, so of course the top is near :worried:

Top is near doesn’t mean it’s going to drop. It might be a plateau…

2 Likes

Agree. After peaking doesn’t mean a sharp decline would follow. Actually, 50% of the time it would decline sharply, 50% of the time it would drift within a certain range before another rally.

1 Like

Wow. 560K for a 1/1 TIC on Freeway 19th Ave…

Not sure that I completely agree with the “in the Inner Sunset” description…

Lovely address too…

It’s a sales tactic most used (including myself :rofl:). You have a house that borders a more upscale neighborhood, usually just across the street. Then you are selling it as if it is actually in that neighborhood itself.

I get that, but my concern would be what other exaggerations/secrets may the LA be hiding. Hey, if you are willing to use a dab of lipstick on the pig, who is to say you ain’t using some foundation, eye shadow, fake boobs, etc. too???

Boom, the nice 1.8M is hit on this beauty!!! 400k over asking!!!

1 Like

Everybody puts lipsticks on when selling anything… that’s what home inspections are for… :laughing:

There are ways to say things and then there are ways to say things. To say being right on 19th Avenue, a freeway practically, is in the Inner Sunset is well, lying!!! Inner Sunset is like 9th Ave and Kirkham. Anybody drinking the Kool-Aid from this LA is probably wearing a body bag at this point…:slight_smile:

Very neat house!!! That tiny little stove downstairs might be unwarranted though…

Like you said, everyone does it now…

Central Sunset rocks!!! Now, over 1K/sq ft!!! Come on, 427K over asking!!! Obviously, buyer prefers Economics over Algebra!!!

2 Likes

Just another Sunset home selling for over 400K over asking… Nope, missing Algebra not hurting the Sunset market yet… but I am sure it will come soon, err, one day…cuz we all know Algebra is the key to life and real estate markets apparently. Yellon is so intrigued by Algebra that she is developing Fed Reserve Algebra Index.

1 Like

Wow, Central Sunset beauty goes for 1.83M!!! 431K over asking!!!

3 Likes

Wow, Inner Sunset says I can beat that, with this!!! Oooh, @wuqijun, just under the 2M mark…

3 Likes

This one is a nice one. A lot of good details

Timing is everything…

Seller 1: Bought it in 2002 for 800k, sold in 2009 for 950k… :sob:
Seller 2: Bought it in 2009 fo 950k, sold in 2017 for 1.95M… :rofl:

Seller 2 did minimal remodeling… no more than 30k of work.

In life, everything is about right time right place.

2 Likes

The entry, living, and dining room have great details. Then you walk into the kitchen and fall flat on your face. It’s kind of a mish mash. Looks like there were three major renovation periods.