Too Cheap (Ingleside Terrace)

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Francisco/833-Head-St-94132/home/2009370

This gracious home lays nestled in the charming and coveted Ingleside Terrace neighborhood on a beautiful oversized lot with lovely front and rear gardens perfect for fun and entertainment! Welcome to the grand spaces on the main floor; a large foyer, spacious and bright living room with large wood burning fireplace, formal dining; both living and dining are flooded with southern light from the floor to ceiling arched windows. This home offers a surprisingly bright and open feeling. The vintage kitchen with breakfast nook and a quarter bath complete the main living level. The grand staircase lead up to the second floor where you’ll find the main bath and three bedrooms on one level, including the spacious master suite. Downstairs; laundry

3/1.25/1760 asking 1.3M. I say 1.8 at least. Buyer likely needs to build out that 1/4 bathroom though. But Gosh, this is a good looking house at a great location.

That is cheap. Walking distance to my favorite 24hr fitness gym.

OMG, not the Ocean Avenue one… God, probably the worst one. Old, and fairly suspect clientele can be there. My wife also has a fairly decent deal like mine ($3 a month or something like that) but she no longer goes there (goes to that newer gym in Stonestown, more expensive). I have to agree with her, parking can be bad at this 24 Hour (esp now with Target there) and everything is old!! My neighbor actually mentioned it (that his girlfriend doesn’t like it much since guys leer at her) and my wife mentioned that too went she went there. I go to the ones in the Financial District (Embarcadero or Montgomery) even though we have our own small gym in our office building with complete showers. I just paid my renewal, $24 per year for all clubs for the rest of my life. Great deal!!!

Yes, very nice. Love this area with the big, detached homes.

How long would it take to drive to financial district from Sunset to do gym? Does that place even have parking?

Uh, about 20 min or so (I take 280 all the way down to Ballpark). Depends on traffic and time of course (OMG, that sounds so LA…). On Sundays, meters aren’t working so free street parking. Even with my SUV I can usually find parking on Sunday mornings. Nice thing about the Embarcadero one is that there are both dry and wet sauna rooms with also the mezzanine jacuzzi that I will use after a long workout. My Lowell buddy even drives up from Menlo Park to work out there (owns a multi unit in the city to check up on). See ya there. I am that middle aged chinese guy who can bench +300 lbs (granted on a machine)…

1 Like

I just found a FREE gym in the Mission. Owned and operated by the City. Well there maybe a hobo or two there but it’s FREE.

Doing pushups outside the 16th Street BART station (with the bums) is not exactly what I call an amenity filled gym…:slight_smile:

Do you have access to Super Sports also?

Running outdoors is also free :slight_smile:

Grandfathered for certain folks whose contract was older than mine, in which the contract I guess really did say any club. I believe I fall into that category that is gray so can not, but again that is fine I usually can find a regular version of the gym around here or when I am out of town. At 2 bucks a month, can’t really complain…

That’s 2 bucks more expensive than the mission gym. It’s FREE.

Did I mention it’s FREE?

Come on, is that gym relatively safe (since bums are in there)? I can’t imagine that gym is opened 24 hours (yes, not all 24 hr locations are 24 hrs now, but some are close). And since it is in the Mission, parking is probably a challenge. I told a guy how much I was paying, and he practically crapped in his gym shorts. He was going, what!!! How!!! He just renewed for a lot more, I guess. Oh well…

@sfdragonboy how do people get such low price at 24hr gym? I’m in the lookout for a gym (we have one nearby on 2nd street), but the monthly seems to go for around 40$ /month.

Same as why people paying ridiculously low property tax… they bought long time ago.

Nevermind, I just saw your post on the other thread. Hmph. :frowning:

You can buy the 2-year membership at Costco. If you go regularly it’s less than $20/month.

1 Like

Ah nice! I’ll look for those… thanks!!

Well, I am not a spring chicken (over 50), but back in the day 24 hour fitness used to offer I guess what are called lifetime contracts. What you needed to do was buy 2 years upfront i think it was (around $700 or so) and then EVERY YEAR AFTER THAT FOR THE REST OF YOUR GOD GIVEN LIFE - 24 lousy dollars PER YEAR!!! And if you were the really fortunate ones (my contract wasn’t one of the first ones) you get to use ALL clubs including the upgraded ones. 2 bucks a month!!! My god, just using the showers cost more!!! About 10 years ago, I remember seeing them hang up a huge banner saying lifetime contracts are no longer offered. So, yeah, unfortunately you can’t get on that gravy train anymore. Nevertheless, the best thing you can do is exercise daily anyway so just pay what you need to pay and GO WORK OUT!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!! Longer you live, the longer you can be on here…:slight_smile:

What’s the difference in price between going regularly vs not? How do they structure pricing based on how often you go?

So 24hr is still a good gym to go? No one wants to give the free hobo gym at Mission a try? :smile: